The 12000 series of errors arise due to internet connectivity issues between QuickBooks and Microsoft. In this blog, we will discuss one particular error of this series: the QuickBooks Error 12157. Users say that this error comes up when they try to download or install the latest application updates. It is also essential to notice that Error 12157 leads to a disconnection between QuickBooks and the server. If untreated, this glitch can lead to an unrecoverable loss of data. Continue reading our blog below to learn about the basics of this issue – causes and solutions.
It gets tricky to handle web connectivity issues, especially when every component of QB runs on the internet. Get in touch with our experts at 1.800.579.0391 to resolve this issue swiftly.
Why do you see QuickBooks Error 12157?
- When the system firewall is interrupting QuickBooks performance.
- Multiple versions of QuickBooks are installed on the device.
- Misconfiguration in the Internet and Security Settings.
How can you Fix QuickBooks Error 12157?
Now that we are well aware of the factors triggering the QuickBooks Error 12157, let us look at some methods to resolve this error within a few minutes-
Troubleshooting Technique 1- Revert the System to the previous settings
- log in to your computer as an administrator.
- Click on the Windows icon on your screen.
- Press the All Programs tab.
- From the given list, select Accessories.
- Next, tap on the System Tools.
- In the following window, click on System Restore.
- Allow the program to complete this action.
- Open a new window on your desktop.
- Press the Re-install my PC button.
- Hit the Next tab.
- From the given options, select the appropriate restore point for the restoration.
- Hit the Next tab.
- Click on the Advanced System to restore the point.
- If a confirm dialogue box pops up, give access to it.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Troubleshooting Technique 2- Configure the Internet Settings
- Access the QuickBooks application.
- Tap on the File tab.
- Select the Internet Connection Setup option.
- Click on “Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application access the internet.”
- Press the Next button.
- Navigate to the Advanced Connection Settings.
- Choose Advanced.
- Select the Restore Advanced Settings Settings button.
- Press OK.
- Finally, hit Done.
Troubleshooting Technique 3- Reset the Date and Time of your Computer
- Hover over the Date and Time section in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click right on the section.
- Select the Adjust Date/Time option from the given list.
- Press the Change Date and Time tab on this prompt box.
- Use your login credentials to modify the settings.
- Enter the correct Date and Time in the given fields.
- Hit the OK button.
- Terminate all windows.
- Close QuickBooks also.
- Relaunch the application to check if the issue has been resolved.
We shall now conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error 12157, hoping that it adequately helped you. For further support and guidance, connect with our pro-advisors at 1.800.579.0391 right away.