Buying a new LED TV can be a confusing affair, especially since panel technology has been continuously evolving over the past few years. The lifespan of a TV is usually 10 years, and if you … Read More
Buying a new LED TV can be a confusing affair, especially since panel technology has been continuously evolving over the past few years. The lifespan of a TV is usually 10 years, and if you want to make sure your TV is future-proof, it will pay off in the long run if you choose an LED TV that comes with the latest technology.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind while purchasing a new TV in India.
- Panel technology: Panel technologies are continuously evolving, with the QLED/OLED technology being the latest to hit the market. If you are operating on a budget, LCD TVs or LED TVs also offer a decent viewing experience with bright colours. The Sony LED TV (Bravia) 32-inch HD Ready model, for instance, is among the best affordable TVs available in the market today.
- Audio output: For good audio output, you must check if the TV has an optical or SPDIF/coaxial audio out port, which is ideal for multi-channel output.
- Screen resolution: The higher the resolution, the better is the image quality. These days, we even have TVs with 8K resolution, which is overkill. The 4K or Ultra HD (UHD) screen resolution is ideal for an immersive viewing experience, but in case you are on a budget, you can opt for a TV with HD-Ready or a Full HD resolution.
- Connectivity: This is often the most overlooked aspect while purchasing a TV. You should ensure that the TV has sufficient ports for connecting projectors, gaming consoles, mobile phones, or laptops.
- Screen size: The screen size will depend on your room size, viewing distance, and seating arrangements. If you are 3 to 5 feet from the TV placement, then you should opt for a 32-inch TV. If it is between 6 and 8 feet, then you will need a 43-inch TV.
- Smart or non-smart TV: To make sure your TV is future-proof, it is always better to opt for a smart TV. You can now get these models for less than INR 30,000. For instance, the Sony TV (Bravia 32-inch Full HD KLV-32W672G) model is among the best smart TVs available today.
- Wireless connectivity: You can now connect to the Wi-Fi, and access content on OTT platforms, browse your social media channels or make video calls. TVs that come with built-in Wi-Fi or support external Wi-Fi USB dongles allow you to connect your home Wi-Fi to your TV set.
Keeping the above points in mind, if you are thinking about purchasing a new LED TV, you can visit the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store, and avail exciting offers and discounts on a variety of products, including LED TVs.