QuickBooks is overall well-built accounting software that is user-friendly and beneficial. The application works smoothly, but errors and issues are inevitable. Issues like QuickBooks Display issues can sometimes get triggered if you have recently shifted to a higher resolution desktop. Many other reasons can cause display issues in QuickBooks. You need to identify the cause of display issues on your computer to know the appropriate solution to fix it. If you don’t know the cause and the solution to the display issues in QuickBooks, this article is for you. Read the complete article to know more.
If you need any technical assistance with the troubleshooting, dial (844)-932-1139 and get immediate help from a QuickBooks Professional.
What Triggers the Display Issues in QuickBooks?
You first need to understand that DPI is a factor in causing display issues. DPI is Dots per Inch. Basically, QuickBooks is designed to be only compatible with the DPI less than 100%, like 96 DPI. So, if your monitor has higher resolution display settings with more than 100% DPI, it will trigger display issues in QuickBooks. The other causes are pretty much related and listed down below:
- Windows DPI setting is improper.
- QuickBooks Display settings are not suitable.
- Unsuitable view preference.
Once you have determined the cause of the issue, you can implement the related solution accordingly. If you don’t know what caused the issue, check all the display settings mentioned below and use the hit and trial method to fix the issue.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues
The solutions based on the causes mentioned above are provided with simple instructions. Go through the list of solutions mentioned below:
- Modify the QuickBooks Display Settings
If the issue is caused due to the QuickBooks display settings being incompatible with Windows, you can change the display setting in QuickBooks. The steps to change the settings are listed below:
- First, you need to close QuickBooks.
- Next, select Windows Start.
- Enter QuickBooks in the search box.
- Then right-click QuickBooks from the list of options.
- Click Open file location.
- Right-click the QuickBooks.exe file from the folder.
- Choose properties and then open the Compatibility tab.
- You need to checkmark the Disable display scaling on the high DPI settings checkbox.
- Select Change high DPI settings and then choose Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Finally, click Apply and then select OK.
- Change your View Preferences in QuickBooks
View preference can affect the QuickBooks display issues as well. You need to change the view preference to resolve the issue. Follow the steps provided below to adjust the QuickBooks view preference:
- Open QuickBooks and select the Edit menu.
- Choose Preferences and then click Desktop view.
- Then from the view section, select one Window option.
- Finally, click OK.
This article aims to explain the causes and the solutions to QuickBooks Display Issues. The solutions described above include changing the view preference and display settings in QuickBooks. If the issue is still not resolved, check your Windows display settings. You need to keep the screen resolution to 1024x 768 to fix the issue. Dial (844)-932-1139 if you have any questions related to Desktop issues in QuickBooks or this article.