If you are too getting ‘QuickBooks not responding when opening company file’ error message, then this blog will definitely help you. The error usually occurs when you try to open QuickBooks or the company file. A corrupted hard drive and a damaged Windows operating system are the main reasons behind the error. While using QuickBooks desktop payroll, the user gets a message, “QuickBooks payroll has stopped working.” The error results in freezing and sluggish performance of the software. To get the answer to why does my QuickBooks not open, continue reading the article till the end.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks has stopped working error, then call us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and get help from certified QuickBooks professionals.
What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks has stopped working error?
The error occurs due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks company file is damaged or missing.
- Partial or corrupt installation of QuickBooks desktop.
- Damage in the Windows operating system.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Most Preferred Solutions to Fix QuickBooks has stopped working error
Given below are the two most effective troubleshooting solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Rename the QBWUSER.INI file to fix the damage
Follow these steps to change the file name:
- Move to the folder containing the file name.
- Open the folder and right-click on the file.
- Choose Rename.
- Change the name by adding .old at the end of the file name.
- Also, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Open QuickBooks desktop again.
If the error persists, proceed to the following solution.
Solution 2. Run Quick Fix my Program
To use the tool, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads.
- Then, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the tool hub by following the on-screen steps.
- Mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Once the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
Run Quick Fix my Program
- Open the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Choose the Program Problems tab.
- Click Quick Fix my Program.
- The tool will run a quick repair and terminates all background processes.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
We tried our best to help you fix the ‘QuickBooks has stopped working’ error. We hope you find the solutions helpful. If the error doesn’t fix, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number (1.800.579.9430).
6 Ways to Solve the Error Problem [pii_email_11fe1b3b7ddac37a081f]
How to Fix [pii_email_e6685ca0de00abf1e4d5]
5 Minutes to Solve the Microsoft Outlook Error [pii_email_6b2e4eaa10dcedf5bd9f]