Undoubtedly, QuickBooks has brought a new revolution in the accounting industry. With the help of QuickBooks, now businesses can easily keep an account of their income and expenses that too in very little time. Generally, … Read More
Undoubtedly, QuickBooks has brought a new revolution in the accounting industry. With the help of QuickBooks, now businesses can easily keep an account of their income and expenses that too in very little time. Generally, QuickBooks is used by users to send invoices, manage & pay bills, generate reports and prepare tax reports. However, no matter how perfect QuickBooks is, it is also prone to a number of errors. QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is one such error that occurs when users try to open QuickBooks Desktop on their system. With this post, we aim to provide you all the information that you need to know about QuickBooks Error 6000 77, such as what it is, the reasons behind its occurrence, and how you can quickly solve it.
In this blog post, we will help you find out the errors and steps to resolve them easily.
However, in case you think you need a technical expert you can get in touch with us. Our technical expert would love to help you.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77?
While attempting to access your company file, you might have been getting the following error message for the error code, which states, “ We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.” Generally, QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 is noticed when the folder that contains a user’s company file got damaged or corrupted due to some reason. It’s necessary that you make sure to fix QuickBooks error code 6000 77 as quickly as possible otherwise, it might lead to some serious damage to your company data.
What causes QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
There might be multiple reasons due to which QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is appearing on your screen when you attempt to open the company file. Below we have mentioned a few of the most common reasons:
- The configuration files which are .ND and .TLG, that let QuickBooks Desktop open the company file, might have been corrupted or damaged.
- Your Windows Firewall might have been blocking QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the company file.
- The folder that contains your company file might have been damaged or corrupted due to some reasons.
What should you do to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
Resolving through these ways might get tricky for the newcomers. Still, it’s worth it, and you must follow the given solution carefully and intelligently because any improper steps may lead to any extra errors.
Solution 1) Make changes to the name of .ND and .TLG configuration files
Note: Making changes to the name of .ND and .TLG configuration files doesn’t lead to any data loss as these configuration files automatically get recreated whenever you open the company file or scan it using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- At first, press Windows + E keys on your keyboard to open the Windows File Explorer.
- Now, you need to navigate to the following command, C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- In the Company Files folder, look for the files that have the same name as the company file but with extensions .ND and .TLG
- Now, you need to right-click the .ND file and choose the Rename option from the drop-down list of options.
- Change the name of the .ND file by adding the text .old after its extension and then hit the Enter key to save the changed name.
- Now, repeat the above-mentioned name changing procedure in the same manner for the .TLG file.
Solution 2) Configure your Windows Firewall for QuickBooks Desktop
- At first, press the Windows key to open the Windows Start menu.
- In the search box, type “Windows Firewall” and then click on Windows Firewall to open it.
- In the Windows Firewall, click on the Advanced Settings tab.
- In Advanced Settings, look for the Inbound Rules option and right-click it.
- Now, you need to select the New Rule option.
- After following the aforementioned steps, you need to select the Port option and then hit the Next button.
- Ensure that the TCP option is selected.
- For Specific local ports, you need to enter the port numbers for your version of QuickBooks Desktop
Note: If you’re using QuickBooks for versions 2019, 2020, and future versions, then you need to keep in mind that they use dynamic port numbers.
To get the dynamic port number:
- Press the Windows key to open the Windows Start menu.
- In the search bar, type “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” and then click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager to open it.
- Now, you need to hit the Port Monitor tab and look for your QuickBooks version.
- Write down the Port Number.
- After entering the port number, hit the Next button.
- Now, you need to click on Allow the Connection to mark its check box and then select Next.
- Create a new rule and name it in the following format: “QBPorts(year).”
- Hit the Finish button.
Note: Create Outbound rules by following the steps mentioned in the above solution number 2. Follow all the steps in the same manner, except choose the Outbound Rules option, where first you’ve chosen the Inbound Rules option.
Solution 3) Replace the damaged folder with a new folder
- Press Windows + E keys to open the Windows File Explorer and then open your C: drive.
On your C: drive, you need to create a new folder.
- Locate the folder that contains your company file and open it.
- Now, look for your company file (the file with .qbw extension) and right-click it.
- Choose the Copy option from the drop-down list of options.
- Open the new folder that you have created and then paste the .qbw file there.
- Now, right-click the new folder and select the Properties option.
- Go to the Security tab, choose Advanced, and then hit the Edit option.
- Click on QBDataServiceUserXX (XX denotes your QuickBooks’s version), select Full Control and, then select Allow.
- At last, click on Apply and hit the OK button.
Dealing with QuickBooks Error 6000 77 might seem complicated to you at first. However, we hope that after going through the above article, you will find yourself confident enough to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77 on your own.