Undoubtedly, QuickBooks provides its users with several advantageous features that can manage almost all accounting and bookkeeping activities. However, what’s the benefit If you can’t even use them? Yes, you’ve read it right. In recent days, many users have reported QuickBooks won’t open error while trying to open QuickBooks Desktop with the company file on their computers. The error prompt shows up on the computer screen with an error message, which states, “QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first.” Usually, such opening errors happen when any QuickBooks program file gets damaged. However, there can be many other reasons that we are going to talk about further in this post, alongside the troubleshooting solutions.
Recommended to Read : quickbooks error 6190
Looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get the QuickBooks won’t open error resolved? If yes, feel free to speak to our professional technical team at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.
What can be the reasons causing QuickBooks can’t open error?
Down below, we have mentioned all the reasons that can trigger QuickBooks can’t open error:
- Damaged QuickBooks program files.
- Any QuickBooks installation file is either damaged or corrupted.
What should you do to resolve QuickBooks won’t open error?
Solution 1) Run the Quick Fix my Program tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- From Intuit’s website, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version (184.108.40.206) on the desktop.
- Click on the installation file QuickBooksToolHub.exe you downloaded and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- To finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the software.
- From the left pane of the window, choose the Program Problems tab.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program button to run the tool.
- Once the tool is done repairing the QuickBooks program files, try to open QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2) Repair QuickBooks Desktop for the Microsoft Windows
- Open the Start menu on the computer.
- Type “Run” into the search box and select Run from the list of search results.
- In the Run window, type “appwiz.cpl” and click on the OK button.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version year from the list of installed programs.
- Choose the Repair button and then the Next button.
- Once Windows completes the repairing of QuickBooks program files, select the Finish button.
- Now, try to open QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3) Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to repair the installation files of QuickBooks
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- From the left pane of the window, select the Installation Issues tab.
- Choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button to run the tool.
- Once the tool finishes the repairing of QuickBooks installation files, try to open QuickBooks Desktop.
Even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, if QuickBooks won’t open error still occurs, then there is a great possibility that the QuickBooks Desktop application is completely damaged. Our recommendation for you is to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub and see whether this resolves the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve QuickBooks can’t open error, feel free to contact our professional technical team at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.