In the current workplace, the demand for analyzing and interpreting data has increased immensely. Worldwide several companies are depending upon the information that data scientists offer so that they can use that data and drive the operations to large-scale processes.
If an individual is seeking career opportunities in the field of data science then doing data science certifications will be the best way to develop one’s skills and also to stand out against the competition.
In this article, let’s understand which data science certificate will help to enhance the industry knowledge and also adds value to the career.
Oracle Business Intelligence Certification
Oracle provides Business Intelligence (BI) certification across several platforms such as Business Intelligence Applications 7 for CRM, Business Intelligence Applications 7 for ERP. This professional data scientist certification is meant for those people, who work in the Oracle Partner Network. There are no pre-requisites for this certification. This credential offers skills like installing OBIEE, developing BI dashboards, BI Server metadata repository, constructing ad-hoc queries, defining security settings, managing and configuring cache files.
EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics Certification
The EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics Certification evaluate the in-depth knowledge of a person in data analytics. The exam is specially designed to focus on analyzing and exploring data with R, data analytics lifecycle, creating statistical models, choosing the right data visualization tools, and applying several analytic techniques, Data Science aspects like Natural Language Processing (NLP), random forests, logistic regression. There are no prerequisites to take this data science certification.
The SDS™ data science certificate is designed mainly for senior Big Data Analysts and Engineers who are planning to shift to other Data Scientist roles. The SDS™ certification is valid for five years. The SDS™ certification is divided into five tracks that need different levels of experience. They are:
Track – 1
- bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience working in data science computing/ business analytics/ business intelligence
Track – 2
- master’s degree and at least four years of experience working in data science computing/ business analytics/ business intelligence
Track – 3
- bachelor’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least four years of experience in data science computing/ business analytics/ business intelligence
Track – 4
- master’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least three years of experience in data science computing/ business analytics/ business intelligence
Track – 5
- If the registrant is already a certified professional either with Senior Big Data Analyst (SBDA™) or Senior Big Data Engineer (SBDE™). Then they must have at least four years of experience after getting the SBDA™ or SBDE™ certification.
The complete test preparation resource will be given by DASCA. The exam can be availed to professional data scientists in 183 countries. The duration is 100–minutes online examination, which is taken by DASCA.
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
The IBM Data Science Professional Certificate covers the following:
- Data science methodology
- Data analysis
- Data visualization
- Open Source Tools
- Machine learning
- Applied data science capstone
In this program the data science career takes place online through Coursera and can be completed at one’s own pace, it has a very schedule and on average a candidate finishes it in three months. The course consists of hands-on projects that will help to build a portfolio to showcase the data science talents in your resume to potential employers. This certification is free of cost and does not expire.
Always choose a certification depending on the career level. Focus on certain aspects so that one can improve the skills the right way. Certifications might seem expensive but they are always worth an investment. Several firms are looking for individuals and are also ready to pay more for those who have the right kind of skills and who will be a valuable asset to their business.