QuickBooks is an accounting software package that is tailored to suit the needs of many small and medium-scale enterprises featuring local and multi-user versions along with functionalities such as receiving payments, manage invoices, payrolls, etc QuickBooks payrolls feature lets users create paychecks, acquire payrolls tax forms, and so on. Users have been required to timely update the payroll services on QuickBooks if direct deposits to the employee’s bank accounts are carried out. However, a user gets bumped into errors while doing payroll updates. There are many errors including QuickBooks Error 15103, 15104m, 15105m, 15106, 15107, 15223, 15240, 15271, 12007, etc. “QuickBooks error 12007” appears in QuickBooks while a user attempts to update payroll or QuickBooks Desktop, or when a user experiences a weak internet connection during the updates are downloaded. We are going to discuss the preventive measures to fix the issue.
Possibly by following through with the written post, users could eradicate the issue themselves. On the other hand, if a user fails to do so, one may call on the helpdesk (855)-856-0042 24×7 tech support for expert advice.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks error 12007
Here are various causes that may hinder the operations in QuickBooks during “QuickBooks error 12007”-
- Windows Firewall or a third-party antivirus firewall trying to restrict the communication of QuickBooks with the required communication ports of the update server.
- The configuration settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer are inaccurate as QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to access the internet.
- Another program on the PC conflicts with QuickBooks while installation of QuickBooks.
As we have taken a tour of its causes, now we will learn how we can eradicate “QuickBooks Error 12007” in the next heading.
Solutions to quick fix the QuickBooks Error 12007
Solution-1: Installation of QuickBooks using the Selective Startup Mode
This is the best way to make sure that user’s programs running in the background aren’t obstructing QuickBooks installation or update.
- Go to ‘Start Menu. In the search field, input ‘Run’. Double-click on the ‘Run’ icon to open.
- A ‘Run’ window appears on the screen. Input text ‘msconfig’, press the ‘OK’ button.
- A window named ‘System Configuration’ appears. Among the various tabs, go to ‘General’.
- Under the ‘General’ tab go to the ‘Selective Startup’ option. Locate the ‘Load System Services’ below ‘Selective Startup’, click on ‘Load System Services’.
- Go back to the tabs. Then go to ‘Services’ tab right next to the ‘Boot’ tab under ‘Services’. Tick checkbox ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’. Click on ‘Disable All.’
- Go back to ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ and remove the tick to deselect it.
- User needs to verify that only the ‘Windows Installer’ tick box is checked.
- To apply changes, click ‘OK’.
- You will be prompted to ‘Reboot’ the PC. Confirm by clicking on ‘Restart.’
Solution-2: Configure the Internet Settings inside Internet Explorer
- Ensure all applications are exited. Go to the ‘Internet Explorer’ icon and double-click on it to open.
- Near the ‘Question Mark’ icon, click ‘Tools’. Locate ‘Internet Options’ on the bottom of the drop-down and click on it.
- Among the various tabs, go to ‘Security’, you will see an ‘Earth icon’ below it. Click and check the security level, which should be ‘Medium-High’.
- Go to ‘Connections’. Select the input radio button ‘Never Dial A Connection’.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ tab. Click on ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ and check whether ‘Use TLS 1.2’ is checked.
- Click ‘OK’ and quit ‘Internet Explorer’ to save the settings. Reboot PC.
We conclude our blog on “QuickBooks Error 12007” error code in the wake that sufficient information was provided to our valuable customers. You could also do a clean installation of QuickBooks which might be of great help when none of the above solutions work for you but it is advised before uninstalling QuickBooks you keep your license ID handy. If the issue persists, and you still can’t carry on with your daily operations, feel free to call on the given helpline (855)-856-0042 and get the best technical assistance anywhere.