Today is a great day to take a Boating Safety Course and get your boating license or boating certificate. The Sea Tow Foundation has included the following 5 reasons why any day is the right day to sign up for a boating safety course and become a safer ACEboater:
- It’s the Law: Most states require a boat operator to take and complete a boating safety course before operating any boat with a motor. This includes personal watercraft, small fishing boats, pontoons, sailboats that utilize their engine, and various sizes of powerboats. And, you should also check the requirements for any other states where you might boat as their requirements might be different.
- Boating Safety Courses Save Lives: According to the U.S. Coast Guard’s Office of Boating Safety,70% of the deaths that occurred on boats across the country last year were operated by a person who had not taken any boating safety course.
- You Can Save Money: Taking a boating safety course will often result in a discount on your boat’s insurance policy which can save you money.
- Learn Something New: Even the most experienced boaters can learn something new or be reminded about something they may have forgotten. Laws and regulations are constantly changing, so a boating safety class will ensure that you are up to date on all your state’s requirements.
- Help the Sea Tow Foundation at the Same Time: Completing an interactive, online class from our friends at iLearntoBoat.com results in the Sea Tow Foundation getting a donation from every course graduate to help us promote boating safety in more locations in the U.S.
If you have any other questions about how to get your boating license or boating certificate, check out our article here for many frequently asked questions about taking a boating safety course.