Sleep apnea is a typically severe sleeping disorder in which breath frequently starts and stops. This start and stop can go from a few seconds to minutes also. Estimated, it has affected millions of people and an average percentage of children as well.
While sleeping, if you snore very loudly and get drowsy even after 8 hours of sleep, then maybe you are suffering from sleep apnea. This disarray has constantly been obstructing and disrupting for the people who are sleeping around the diseased person. It mainly happens when the air passage region gets obstructed due to loosened and relaxed throat muscles.
The two main kinds of sleep apnea are:
Obstructive sleep apnea- In this kind of sleep apnea, the airway through the nose gets obstructed due to the relaxed tissues of the throat.
Central sleep apnea- In this disorder, a patient snores loudly when his brain is not managing the breath properly.
Few common causes and symptoms of sleep apnea-
The most noticed symptom of this disorder is loud snoring. That doesn’t mean that every person who is snoring has sleep apnea. Since this disorder is not at all fatal, but along it has many side effects, which are:
- Frequent heart failure and attacks.
- Increased blood pressure
- Choking, snorting, snoring while sleeping
- Difficulty in breathing leads to mouth breathing
- Joint pain due to teeth clenching
- Popping sound in the jaw because of teeth grinding
- Inconvenience in paying attention and learning problems
- Night terror/nightmare
- Deficiency in energy
- Disturbed sleep
- Medical complications like diabetes, obesity, and hypertension.
Along with the adults, this severe disorder has been noticed in children as well. They snore during sleeping and sometimes feel pauses/chokes in respiration. In this condition, the child sleeps in a bizarre sleeping position, such as hanging head off the bedside and continuous body changes. Furthermore, the children’s symptoms include a minuscule amount of sleep that pilots to the low concentration level, fewer activities, hyperactivity, and fatigue.
Effectual orthodontic treatment strategies for curing sleep apnea-
First of all, there are many sleep and ENT specialists who treat this medical disorder properly. The treatment depends on the acuteness and severeness of the patient. Here, we have mentioned that how the best orthodontist in Peabody takes the assistance of many treating strategies-
- Along with the ENT specialists, orthodontists also play an indispensable role in detecting and diagnosing this dysfunction. All the Peabody orthodontists always try to be in contact with patients more than the other specialists. They always establish that every patient must be treated well belonging to any age group.
- As a consequence of the professional education and experience they have in their job, these dentists have maintained an eccentric position in detecting all kinds of sleeping disorders. These Peabody orthodontists for teens have also trained themselves regarding the growth and development of different facial muscles and compositions.
- Nearly half of the sufferers of obstructive sleep apnea face malformation in the bony facial part in the region of the airways. The Peabody orthodontist for adults is again a specialist in treating these abnormalities.
- To manage this unacceptable condition, the specialist tries to expand the mandible, advance the upper jaw, and improve the skeletal system of the face. After the application of this treatment, grinding and clenching of teeth can be cured as well.
- Few OATs (Oral appliances therapy) are also used during the night to enhance breathing fashion. These devices place the jaw and tissues in a good position.
- Abolition of adenoids or tonsils is also recommendable if required. This procedure takes the help of palatal or nasal surgery, hyoid suspension, chin tongue promotion, or mandible surgery. These changes and enhancements work as a support for the mouth flooring.
All the techniques mentioned above assist in lessening the air refusal, controlling the OSA symptoms, and standardizing the tongue position.
Advantages after getting sleep apnea treatment-
At first, the sleep apnea disorder can range from little irritating to majorly troubling as this dysfunction causes less sleep and leads to high-temper and impatience in a patient’s life. But after the treatment, you can say goodbye to all these annoying troubles.
Secondly, when you sleep with your partner, it is disturbing for her as well. And can become a crucial distension in your happy relationship. This treatment will provide both you and your partner a sleep, filled with rest.