The QuickBooks Error 400 is a common issue amongst QuickBooks users. Often, they face a trigger text saying, “The remote server returned an error – Bad Request.” While accessing the company file. Your computer may freeze or crash as the server is unable to maintain connectivity with QuickBooks. Since this is an internet issue, it is important to check your browser settings to resolve this issue. Follow the blog below to know some simple tricks to do so.
There are situations where you are unable to carry out technical instructions. It is best that you connect you an expert to help you out. Get in touch with our team at 1.800.579.0391 for a swift resolution.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 400 to arise?
- Poor or broken internet connectivity.
- A damaged or corrupted company file.
- Operating an outdated version of the browser or QuickBooks.
How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 400?
The steps mentioned below are related to Internet Explorer. You can find similar measures for the browser you use-
Troubleshooting Method 1: Erase the Cookies and Cache Data of your browser
Cookies and Cache data save temporary junk files from your website websites. It is important to clear these regularly to boost performance-
- Access Internet Explorer.
- Press the Gear icon on the top-right corner.
- Select Internet Options.
- The General prompt box will appear on the screen.
- Scroll to the Browsing History field.
- Check the Delete Browsing history on Exit box.
- Hit Delete.
- Select the following options-
a. Temporary internet files and website files.
b.Cookies and website data.
- Press Delete.
- Finally, click on OK.
- Reopen IE.
Read Also – QuickBooks Export To Excel Not Working
Troubleshooting Method 2: Update your Browser
You must update your browser to make it compatible with the latest applications-
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner or the Gear icon.
- Select the option which says About Internet Explorer.
- Mark the “Install new versions automatically” option.
- Terminate the Window.
Troubleshooting Method 3: Use a Private Window
Surfing on a private window saves your browser from storying the junk files like cookies and cache-
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Tap the Tools icon on the top-right corner.
- From the list, select Safety.
- Now from the drop-down menu, click on InPrivate Browsing to open a private window.
- You can also press the Ctrl + Shift + P keys on your keyboard for the same.
- Try logging in to the official website of your financial institution.
We hope that the methods mentioned earlier helped you kick out the QuickBooks Error 400 from your computer, as verifying your internet settings is the best way to resolve this issue. If these methods fail to prove fruitful for you, we recommend contacting our professional team at 1.800.579.0391.