As you know, Canon is one of the best printers to install the download driver from www.canon.com/ijsetup. This post describes all the steps you need to take to use Canon printer drivers on Windows and Mac. computer.
Steps to Set Up Canon Inkjet Printer Hardware
Setting up Canon printer hardware is a very easy task to do via http://canon.com/ijsetup. If you also purchased a new Canon printer, follow these steps to set up your hardware.
- Start the process by unpacking the new Canon printer and storing it in a convenient location near the power supply.
- Next, you need to connect the printer to the socket.
- Then press the on / off button to turn on the device.
- When you press the printer’s on / off button, the on / off light will start blinking.
- And now you need to install ink cartridges on your printer. Finally, put the A4 sheet in the printer tray.
- And so is it.
- In short, this is a way for anyone to set up Canon printer hardware.
Steps to install Canon Wireless Printer drivers on Windows 10 Computer
Below steps help you to install Canon wireless Printer drivers for Windows 10 computer, read given steps carefully.
- In the first step you need to connect your Canon Printer with your WIFI router, in this article I am using Canon MF232W all in one Canon Printer.
- Turn On your MF232W Canon Printer, click on the menu button on the Printer and go to the second option “network settings” then select “wireless LAN settings”.
- In wireless LAN settings select “ SSID Settings” now open the “Select Access Point” option. Choose your WIFI from the list and enter a password.
- After entering Password you Printer will connect with your WIFI router.
- In this step turn ON your Computer and go to the control panel, select “add printer and devices” options here.
- It will automatically find your Printer, select your Printer from the list and press next. This process will install Canon wireless Printer drivers on Windows 10 Computer.
- Above steps will install basic Printer drivers on your computer, you are able to print documents. To use the full functions of Printer like copy, scan and fax use below steps.
- In this step you need to download Canon Printer drivers from the website for that open www.canon.com/ijsetup windows in the browser address bar.
- On Canon Printer driver website locate your Canon Printer model, it will automatically detect your Printer model.
- Click and download latest and updated drivers for your Canon Printer model.
- Open downloaded Canon Printer drivers file and accept the license agreement and click on next.
- Here you need to select the “install Canon Wireless Printer” option.
- You will see the list of Printers in front of you, you need to select your Printer from the list and press the next button.
- After few clicks you will see Printer connected successfully, now check with test print
Steps to establish a network connection using a Canon printer
After setting up the Canon printer hardware, you need to establish a network connection to use the printer. This is what you need to do:
- First turn on the Canon printer, then press the “Menu” button.
- When you reach the main menu, select the Network Settings option that appears on the printer screen.
- Click LAN Settings and press the OK button to continue with the procedure.
- When you reach the next screen of the printer screen, you need to select the Wireless LAN Settings option.
- The list will now appear on your screen as the Canon printer begins searching for available wireless networks.
- To continue, click the network to which you want to connect the printer.
- Then enter the credentials to connect the printer to the selected network.
- Then turn on your computer system and go to any web browser to go to the Canon website at canon.com / ijsetup.
- Download the printer driver and software from the website.
- To install, you need to specify the correct model number for the printer. that’s all.
- After completing the installation process via canon.com/ijsetup, you can start printing any document using your Canon printer.
The Steps for Using the Canon Printer with the Mac Computer
If you own a Mac computer and want to use the Canon printer with it, here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- First of all, power on your Mac device and download and install the Canon printer driver and software at canon.com/ijsetup.
- After the installation process gets completed, you will have to go to the “Apple Menu” on your Mac and then select the “System Preferences” option.
- From the System Preferences section, you will now choose the option of “Printers and Scanners.”
- And now, you will have to press the Add (+) button and then hit the default button.
- After this, you will be able to see your Canon printer appearing on your computer screen. You will have to click on it.
- And lastly, to complete the procedure through canon.com/ijsetup, click on the “Add” option to add the printer to your Mac device.
- Now, you are ready to print any document stored on your Mac computer using the Canon printer.
The Steps for Printing a Test Page Using the Canon Printer with the Windows Computer
Using the Canon printer with a Windows computer follows a much straightforward procedure available at canon.com/ijsetup. Here’s how you can print a test page using the Canon printer with your Windows computer:
- First of all, turn on your Windows computer and download and install the Canon printer driver and software by going to canon.com/ijsetup.
- After installing the printer driver, go to the “Start Menu” and then select the “Settings” icon to proceed further.
- On reaching the Settings screen, scroll down and select the option of “Devices.”
- Now, you will have to go to the left panel and click on the option of “Printers and Scanners.”
- And next, choose the option of “Properties” or “Printer Properties” appearing on your computer screen.
- Lastly, when you see an option titled “Print a Test Page” on your computer screen, click it.
- And that’s it. So, this is how anyone can print a test page using the Canon printer with their Windows computer.
The Steps to Add the Canon Inkjet Printer to Any iOS Devices
Here are the steps through which anyone will be able to add the Canon inkjet printer to their iPhone or iPad:
- Start the procedure by unlocking your iOS device and then go to the App Store to install an app named “Canon Print.”
- After the app gets successfully installed, launch it and then power on your Canon printing device.
- Now, you need to press the “Wi-Fi” button given on your printer and then connect it to a network.
- After pressing the Wi-Fi button, you will see the blue light blinking.
- Next, go back to your iOS device on which you have to add the app. And then, follow the instructions that you can see on your screen.
- You will now see the terms and conditions section appearing on your iOS device screen.
- Go through all the included points and then tap the “I Agree” option.
- Proceed further by pressing the “Settings” button on your printer and then connect it to your Wi-Fi connection.
- You will now see a notification appearing on your iOS device.
- Complete the procedure by tapping on the “Ok” option.
- And that’s how you can add the Canon printer to your iOS device via canon.com/ijsetup.
On this page all the steps are very clear and easy to use, hope now you all know how to install Canon wireless Printers drivers on Windows & Mac Computers by visiting canon.com/ijsetup or http //ij.start.cannon official website for Canon. Still have any query or question reach to canon support anytime by opening the canon.com/support website.