Distributed Denial of Service attack is a form of attack that derange the regular network traffic by overwhelming the website with more traffic than the server can handle. The main aim of this kind of cyberattack is to make the website inoperable.
In today’s digital business world, these kinds of attacks are increasing, powering the demand for the best DDoS protection software solutions. Many accidental data center dimout are owing to DDoS attacks. The threat of DDoS is due to access to easy-to-use tools and the profit potential through blackmail.
The attacks target businesses straight away, leading to substantial, monetary, and personal losses, making it critical to have strong and healthy DDoS protection software solutions in place.
A/C to the report of Market Research Inc, the DDoS protection solution market is predicted to reach +16% CAGR by 2020 – 2028.
Critical Statistics to illustrate the increasing demand for DDoS Protection Solutions
Request for the DDoS protection solution in the market is on the rise due to the exponential increase in multi-vector DDoS attacks and simplicity with which DDoS-for-hire services are available today.
Below statistics reveal the continuously increasing growth in the deadly DDoS attacks and the forthcoming requirement to have a robust DDoS protection pool.
- There has been a noticeable rise in DDoS attacks between 2014 and 2017, up 2.5 times.
- By 2020, the total number of DDoS attacks reached 19 million, with the cost of one such attack between $30,000-$40,000 per hour.
- The normal size of an attack was 27.36 GBps in Q2 2018 that increased by a mind-blowing 967% to reach 100 Gbps in Q1 2019.
- The history-making attack so far was GitHub in February 2018 with 1.3TBps.
- China was mentioned as the top offender in DDoS attacks in Q4 2020, accounting for 70.20% of all attacks.
- In Q3 2020, China was the leading targeted country, with 72.83% of attacks.
- DDoS activity increased by 540% between Q4 2019 and Q1 2020
- Globally DDoS protection and mitigation market size is anticipated to increase at a CAGR 0f 14%, from USD 2.4 billion in 2019 to USD 6 billion by 2028
Factors Driving the magnification of DDoS Protection and Mitigation Market
The cases of cyberattacks have grown recently, mainly due to the shift towards digitization, an increase in the number of connected devices, and the rise in the computational power of processors.
The critical factors that would drive the growth of the DDoS protection and mitigation market between 2020 -2028 include the rise in the penetration of the Internet of Things and connected devices and the request from small and medium enterprises.
Businesses realize the impact of an attacks and wishes to have a disaster recovery strategy in place be forehand.
How Does DDoS Protection Works?
Many enterprises have faced the question – How do I protect my website from DDoS attacks? Present-day, there are so many traders offering software solutions that guard websites against these attacks.
It uses algorithms and advanced software to filter out incoming traffic to the website. It declines access to the malicious traffic and lets the legitimate one filter through.