The world has gone digital, and so has marketing. Gone are the days when brands and enterprises focussed on their billboard templates. Now offline marketing has taken a back seat, and digital marketing is enjoying all its attention. And it does get all the attention.
People know about digital marketing, but many marketers and business owners are still sceptical of what digital marketing is and what digital marketers do. Today, in this article, we shed light on the digital marketing space. We will talk about digital marketing elements and the types of digital marketing agencies in the market.
While hiring a digital marketing agency to market your product, you should know what to expect. To solve such confusion, we have provided the list of tasks that digital marketing agencies are entrusted with.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a subset of marketing that uses the Internet and online-based digital gadgets such as desktop computers, mobiles, laptops, tablets, and other digital media platforms to promote their products and services.
The elements mentioned below constitute digital marketing. These elements could also be referred to as strategies as they act as a medium for the audience.
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Video Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Advertising (PPC)
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
The primary goal of Digital marketing differs according to the clients’ requirements. Some of the clients want more sales of their product, while some want convertible leads. Most business owners prefer increased traffic on their website as the increased number of traffic has longevity.
Digital marketing has taken the world by storm in the previous decade. Companies that are not reaping benefits from digital marketing are losing the game. Almost every enterprise has a digital marketing team dedicated to creating and tracking their marketing campaigns.
Types of Digital Marketing Agencies
There are a lot of ways to market products on the Internet. Thus, there are a lot of Digital Marketing agencies in the market. When categorized based on services they provide and their work, they can be classified into seven different groups.
- Full-Service Digital Marketing/Inbound Marketing Agency: Full-Service Digital agency provides all kinds of Digital Marketing services. This type of agency is considered best for nascent startups.
- Digital Marketing Firm: Digital Marketing firm, however similar in many ways to Full-Service Digital Agencies, does not offer the same service amount. Typically, you will not find Digital Marketing firms offering PR, advertising, or traditional marketing service.
- The SEO Company: SEO companies utilize the audience’s data on the clients’ website and utilize it to optimize the company’s website for SERP. They dabble with Google Analytics, Websimastersm, Google Search Console, Google Adwords, and many more.
- Digital Ad (PPC) Agency: PPC Agencies drive the paid traffic to the target website/app, unlike the SEO companies. They bid on the relevant keywords and ad placement on search results.
- Social Media Agency: Social media agency focuses on the social traffic of the website. Social media agency understands the way posts get traction on social media and use the tricks for clients’ advantage. Besides, they also keep a tab on up-and-coming platforms for creating an audience.
- Website Agency or Website Design Agency: A website Design Agency builds a customized website for clients. The website designers’ standard services include design and research, image creation and storage, web development, and web hosting.
- Digital Marketing Consultant: Digital Marketing consultants are leaders of the industry. They have 10+ years of working experience in Digital Marketing. DM Consultants do not market the clients’ service or products but brainstorm the right strategy for them.
What does a Digital Marketing Agency do?
We have established that Digital Marketing agencies market the product or services of the companies using digital channels. But how exactly do they achieve it? What is their approach to market the product? How do they ensure conversion? Let us take a look at the significant tasks Digital Marketing agencies are expected to do.
- Grow Organic Traffic to Your Website
- Generate Sales-Ready Leads
- Expand Your Brand Reach
- Improves Your Marketing
- Increase revenue
- Reduce lead acquisition cost