1. In order to enhance CCTV footage the end-user is presented with the versatile user interface that allows for interactive change of processing parameters and interactive geometry selection (Glyphs). Video Investigator’s Active Interface GUI enables the user to execute the integrated plug-ins in a highly interactive mode with real-time results (*) which are seen in a video preview. This advanced video processing interface allows the user to find the most optimal set of video processing parameters in a highly interactive way.
2. Video Investigator’s Active Interface (*) provides the user the capability to adaptively estimate the best set of processing parameters for any part of a video frame and vary these parameters if needed from frame to frame, or from a set of frames in a time-interval to another time-interval, yet processing the entire video in a single processing pipeline. This frame-adaptive video processing (*) feature accelerates the user’s ability for time-space-adaptive processing of the entire video without first extracting each individual frame and individual parts of frames. An example of using the frame-adaptive video processing is when debluring the video in which different objects and subjects are blurred differently due to the time-varying motion blur and space-varying defocus blur. Cognitech Video Investigator is in part the world’s best image enhancement software because it allows the end-user precisely adjust processing parameters to each video-frame and even any part of the video-frame.
3. To enhance CCTV footage it is important to be able to select and play the frame sequences that may or may not be connected on a time-line. The Movie Controller provides advanced video playback with audio support allowing the end-user to adjust which frames of video to playback, how frames are played back, and even synchronize multiple videos.
Vast Array of Selection Tools for Every Scenario
4. Smart Selection Window Tool provides end-user with a versatile set of tools to select single or multiple objects of interest quickly through the video frames. Seventeen different tools are available to deal with Selection operations.Save Selection is provided for a subsequent recall and use, to save the laborious selection process.
5. Objects and subjects Tracking is made possible by interpolating the Selection Position and Size between key-frames, thus tracking objects and people that may be moving towards or away from the camera. This specific function is useful for tracking an object with a consistent velocity in a movie.
6. Glyph Tools with Free Form Curves and Regions Selection are Drawing Tools that create various Active geometrical tokens to be used as an input to plug-ins to guide their execution. Glyph tokens include Points, Lines, Open and Closed Plygons, Rectangles and Ovals. He newest addition are Free Form Curves and regions. Glyph tokens may be computed automatically, such as Tracking Rectangles, Line Detectection etc., or they may be selected and drawn by the end-user. Glyphs are useful to compute Velocity, Select and Track objects and subjects, assist in 3D Analysis (see Cognitech AutoMeasure and Cognitech VideoActive 3D Model to Video Fusion. With the Free Form Curves and Region Glyphs, the end-user is enabled to select exact geometrical shapes, such as face and objects outlines for subsequent processing, motion and 3D Analysis.
7. Frame Imbedded Glyph Markings provides end-user with ability to precisely mark video frame features (points, corners, edges, lines etc.) in accordance with subsequent needs as in the Reverse Projection or Multi-Frame Fusion for Vehicles Identification.
8. Several images or video can be combined together in layers to form a video composition (*) where every element can be relatively repositioned in the window and in time.
9. The Record function (*), when enabled, records every action the end-user makes and produces a script that can replay the exact actions and settings the end-user used. Unlike traditional report functions that only produce a PDF of parameter values, Video Investigator® Record scripts can be replayed at any time allowing the end-user to see exactly how the result was created.
10. Image sequence compilation converts a set of images into video for analysis or court room presentation.
11. The Zoom filter resizes images with confidence with several innovative zoom algorithms that retain the highest clarity and edge definition (#).
12. The Highlight filter focuses the viewer on a user defined area of interest.
13. Integrated Problems Steps Recorder for faster and more accurate technical support.
14. Integrated Screen shot, image snapshot and drawing tools.
15. The Command Window provides an alternate entry point for executing commands for those who prefer to apply filters in the command line.
Geographical Video Analysis (GPS, Investigation Tools, and Camera-to-Camera Tracking)
16. The VideoMap (VMAP) with Time and Trace Interactive Interface is a new Geographical Information System approach to video analysis. Have you ever wanted to have a tool to track a vehicle or a person from camera to camera? Merging Geographical information with the arbitrary number of video recordings provides valuable analytical tools to investigate multiple video streams data for purposes of determining the time sequence of geographically distributed events. VideoMap tools enable the investigators to chart the Geographical Trace of the vehicles and individuals depicted on multiple videos.
Video Redaction and Sensitive Information Blocking
17. New Automatic Face Blocker filter will automatically blur faces and remove skin markings in images and videos as required by Courts. The end-user can select which individuals should or should not be Redacted. No tedious manual frame by frame blurring, all is done by an automatic detection algorithm.
18. If required by law, portions of images can be tracked and concealed or made unrecognizable to cover sensitive information with pixilation, blur or histogram adjustment.
Analysis and Verification Tools
19. End-users who enhance CCTV footage often need to secure the original video data, prior to performing video processing. Hash Tool allows the viewing and saving of the hash value of an image or video for Authentication. Current Hash values: MD5, SHA-1, and SHA-256.
20. EXIF Tool provides detailed Metadata data of a given image or video file for purposes of Authentication, codec analysis, Time Codes, GPS location id present. This data can be saved and re-opened at a later time.