Encountering QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue while trying to switch your QuickBooks Desktop application from single-user mode to multi-user mode? If yes, there is no need for you to worry anymore as with this post, we are going to discuss the reasons behind the existence of it and the troubleshooting solutions to get rid of it.
Want to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue without wasting your precious time on implementing any tedious troubleshooting solution? If yes, feel free to contact QuickBooks professionals at 1.800.579.0391.
What triggers QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue?
QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue generally gets triggered when the Windows Defender Firewall blocks QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet. There can be other reasons behind it, such as:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on your server computer.
What are the best ways to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue?
Solution 1) Manually configure the Windows Defender Firewall for QuickBooks Desktop
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
- Enter “Windows Defender Firewall” into the search bar and open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Advanced Settings from the left pane.
- Right-click Inbound Rules and then choose the New Rule option.
- Select the Port option and then hit the “Next” button.
- Make sure that the TCP option is already selected.
- In the Specific local ports field, type the specific port numbers required for the version year of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you type the port numbers, hit the “Next” button.
- Select the Allow the Connection option and then hit the “Next” button.
- Make sure that all profiles are selected as prompted and then hit the “Next” button.
- Create a new rule with the name “QBPorts(year).”
- After following the aforementioned steps, hit the “Finish” button.
Create outbound rules for QuickBooks Desktop by following the steps mentioned above in the same order, except you need to select Outbound Rules rather than Inbound Rules.
Solution 2) Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- On your server computer, download the latest version (18.104.22.168) of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select the downloaded installation file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the on-screen steps to install it.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the application.
- Select the Network Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then select Browse to look for your company file.
- Select your company file and then click Start Scan.
- When QuickBooks Database Server Manager is finished scanning your company file, hit the Close button.
If you notice QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue even after following both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post above, then there might be some issues with the QuickBooks Database Server Manager installation. Thus, our recommendation for you is to reinstall QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the official website of Intuit and check if this fixes the error. For additional troubleshooting assistance fixing QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running issue, feel free to contact QuickBooks professionals at 1.800.579.0391.