While trying to update the basic payroll service to the latest tax tables, are you getting QuickBooks error 15241? If yes, make sure to read this post until the end to know why it arises and what exactly you need to do to get over it. The error message of the error code reads, “The payroll update did not complete successfully. This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.”
Want to get rid of QuickBooks error 15241 without putting in any effort in implementing tiresome troubleshooting procedures? If yes, feel free to speak to our professional technical team at the toll-free number (844-888-4666).
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 15241?
The followings can be reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 15241:
- The QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service is not turned on.
- The version of the QuickBooks Desktop you have on the computer is outdated.
What should you do to get rid of QuickBooks error 15241?
Solution 1) Turn on the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service
- Select the Start menu on the computer.
- Type “Computer” into the search column and right-click This PC from the list of search results.
- Select the Manage option.
- Choose the Services and Applications option at the left pane of the window.
- Double-select Services at the right pane.
- Look for Intuit QuickBooks FCS and double-select it.
- In the General tab, select the Manual option from the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Select the Start button and then the OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to update payroll to the latest tax tables.
Solution 2) Use the admin account to update QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Type “QuickBooks” into the search column and right-click QuickBooks Desktop version year from the search results.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- Enter admin username and password of QuickBooks as prompted.
- Select the Help menu at the top menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- In the Options tab, choose the Mark All button.
- Move on to the Update Now tab, checkmark the Reset Update checkbox, and then select the Get Updates button.
- Exit out from QuickBooks Desktop and open it again.
- Select the Yes option when QuickBooks Desktop asks for your permissions to install the downloaded updates.
Even after following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post, if you cannot resolve QuickBooks error 15241, then there is a great possibility that the QuickBooks Desktop program is completely damaged. Our recommendation for you is to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve the payroll error, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number (844-888-4666).