QuickBooks is a safe and user-friendly application that functions smoothly. The application gets updated regularly so that the bugs and lags don’t slow down your work. However, some technical issues are inevitable, like the corrupted installation files, damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file, etc. You can fix the damaged files, though. QuickBooks has designed tools, especially for such errors and issues. You can run the install diagnostic tool or fix my program tool to fix problems caused by damaged files. The information provided below explains the solutions and the causes of the issue in simple words. Read the complete article to know what to do when you see QuickBooks error 30159.
Fixing QuickBooks errors can be tricky and frustrating sometimes. If you need help with the troubleshooting, get technical assistance from a QuickBooks Professional by dialing 1.800.579.0391
Solutions to Fix Error 30159 in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Note: Make sure you have downloaded and installed QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the Install diagnostic tool and quick fix my program.
QuickBooks usually displays update error 30159 when the installation files are damaged, or the installation was not done correctly. You need to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix QuickBooks. The steps to run install diagnostic tool are listed below:
- Open your QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Select the Program Problems option from the left pane.
- Click the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button and then wait for the repair to complete.
- Then, restart your system and open QuickBooks again.
Also read : Reset Quickbooks password
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSER.INI file
Damaged or missing QBWUSER.ini file can cause QuickBooks to show error code 30159. You need to rename the QBWUSER.ini file if QuickBooks is affected from error message 30159. Follow the steps given below to rename the file:
- Go to the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is stored.
- Search the damaged file inside the folder.
- Then, right-click the file and click the rename option.
- Edit the name from QBWUSER.ini to QBWUSER.ini.old.
- After that, you can rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file using the above steps.
- At last, open QuickBooks again to check if the issue is fixed.
Solution 3: Run Quick Fix my Program
Corruption in the QuickBooks Program may trigger QuickBooks desktop error 30159. You can run Quick Fix my program to resolve the issue. The steps to run the Quick Fix my Program tool are given below:
- Click Program Problems in QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
- After the repair is done, open QuickBooks.
This article explains why you get QuickBooks error 30159 and how you can fix the issue. The most common solutions include running Quick fix my program, the install diagnostic tool, and renaming the QBWUSER.INI file. If you have implemented the above solutions and your QuickBooks is still not updating, dial 1.800.579.0391 and get help from a QuickBooks Expert now.