A GST registration is the process businesses use to register themselves for the tax on goods and services they sell. The GST registration online procedure is required if a business entity’s turnover exceeds Rs. 40 lakh (in the case of goods) or Rs. 20 lakh (in the case of services).
Additionally, any business that makes taxable supplies on behalf of another must be registered for GST if it deals in the interstate supply of goods. Generally, most businesses must register for GST, which takes between 2 and 6 days. If your business hasn’t applied for a GST registration online, it may be penalized.
Various forms of GST registrations
There are several categories of GST registration. When you do not recognize the right form, it can be difficult to register for GST on advance payment. The following pointers provide you with more information about GST registration types.
A taxpayer with a normal income
Individuals and businesses in this category do not need to deposit any money.
A casual taxpaying individual
Many businesses in India fall into this category. In such an instance, you are not required to make any deposits.
Registration of compositions
By registering a composition, GST on advance payment is much easier to do. The business deposits a fixed amount every year.
The term ‘ex-pat’ refers to people living outside India who occasionally supply goods or services to residents in India.
Businesses providing services with a value greater than Rs. 20 lakh must register with GST. GST registration is required for any organization supplying goods worth more than 40 lakh rupees a year.
If your business earns a turnover that exceeds Rs. 20 lakhs, you must register for GST if they provide interstate services. Regardless of their annual revenue, any business supplying goods between states must register for GST.
GST registration is mandatory for businesses selling goods or services through e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
- The GST applies to all sellers and providers that supply goods worth over Rs. 25 lakh.
- GST is applied to supplies of goods. It is a legal requirement that all businesses that sell goods or services in another state register for GST.
- A GST registration is available to all businesses regardless of their category and companies, including writers or bloggers.
What Are the Benefits of GST Registration?
GST registration is mandatory for enterprises with an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 40 lakh. The threshold for hill and northeast states is Rs. 10 lakh. In addition, GST registration is required for those listed:
- A person who has reverse charge taxability.
- Service aggregators that use a specific brand name to sell their services.
- Taxable goods and services are provided interstate by anyone.
- A taxable individual who is not a resident.
- Individuals who provide goods or services on behalf of taxpayers
- Individuals who provide goods through e-commerce aggregators.
- The aggregator of online shopping.
Online GST registration process simplified
Thanks to the ministry of finance, it is now easier to register for GST online. Just follow these steps to complete the process smoothly:
- Go to the GST portal to learn more
- Then, click the ‘New Registration’ button under the Services tab.
- Select ‘Taxpayer’ from the drop-down menu beneath ‘I am a’
- Enter the information such as the business name, state, e-mail address, mobile number, and PAN number in the GST REG-01 form.
- The mobile number and e-mail address registered with your account must be entered to verify all information.
- Click on the Proceed button.
A Temporary Reference Number (TRN) will be provided once the verification process has been completed. You will be prompted to enter the captcha code after logging in with the TRN.
- Describe your business by providing details such as the company name, PAN, state in which your business is registered, and the date the business began.
- If your business is a proprietorship, you need to provide information about the owners, partners, or promoters of your business, your DIN, PAN, and Aadhaar number.
- To file GST returns, you need to provide the name and address of the person authorized to do so.
- Your company’s details must be submitted, including its name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and bank account information.
- Documents must be uploaded.
- Save your progress by clicking the “Continue” button. Click on ‘Submit’ to sign it digitally when you have applied.