QuickBooks is the most popular accounting and finance application worldwide. It caters to the needs of small and medium-sized business organizations. It is an advanced and sophisticated application but may show various errors. QuickBooks, just like any other software, may become slow at times due to various reasons. You will get the QuickBooks running slow error in such cases. If you are facing the issue, then you don’t need to worry. This blog brings to you the reasons that can cause the error and the troubleshooting methods to resolve it.
If you come across QuickBooks running slow issue and you need an expert assistance to improve it, contact us at our 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons that make QuickBooks taking longer than usual issue
You can look at the reasons that make QuickBooks taking longer than usual error below. These will help you narrow down the troubleshooting methods to one or two, making the resolution process easier. The reasons are as follows:
- If you fail to update your QuickBooks application for a long time, incompatibility can cripple its efficiency.
- Your computer system not meeting the minimum requirements to run the application can cause the error. The issue mostly occurs if the RAM or the processor speeds are not up to the mark.
- Missing QBWUSER.INI file has been found to be a major reason causing the QuickBooks running slow issue.
- If your hard drive is damaged or corrupt, the programs installed on the computer, including QuickBooks, may suffer.
- A damage in the QuickBooks installation files can also cause the error.
- If your Windows Operating System is outdated or has become damaged, the error can occur.
How can you fix if QuickBooks takes forever to open
If QuickBooks takes forever to open issue occurs on your system, there are various methods at your disposal for resolution. You can follow the steps in the below provided methods to fix the issue.
Method 1: Renaming the QBWUSER.ini file
You can locate the QBWUSER.INI file in the QuickBooks installation folder and resolve the QuickBooks running slow error easily. Follow the steps:
- Open the File explorer window.
- Find the QBWUSER.INI file through ‘Search’ menu.
- Rename it adding (.OLD) extension.
Method 2: Use the Clean Install tool to resolve the error
You can use the QuickBooks Clean Install tool from the Tools hub to fix the error. The steps are as follows:
- Uninstall the QuickBooks application through the ‘Control Panel.’
- Open the latest version of the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Go to the ‘Installation Issues’ section.
- Run the ‘Clean Install’ tool to rename all the residual files.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks application.
Through this article, we discussed the reasons behind QuickBooks running slow issue, and the methods for troubleshooting it. You should follow the step-wise methods provided above to fix the issue. If you still come across the issue and need an expert’s assistance, contact us at our 1.800.579.0391.