QuickBooks license error after clone pops up on the screen when the user activates or opens the QuickBooks desktop and gets the following error messages with different error codes:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
The QuickBooks license error message 3371 also states that the error occurs because of the damaged or missing company files. This blog will talk about QuickBooks POS checking license error, its causes and solutions. So stay connected till the end.
If you need expert’s help to resolve QuickBooks license error, then call us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks professionals
What leads to QuickBooks license error after clone?
There are several reasons that can trigger QuickBooks POS checking license error. Let us walk through them:
- The MSXML component of QuickBooks is damaged.
- QuickBooks registration file is corrupted or missing.
- The user has entered an incorrect license number while logging in to QuickBooks.
- The software has been attacked by some virus.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting steps given below to rectify QuickBooks license error message 3371:
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks POS checking license error
Following are the most effective solutions to resolve QuickBooks license error after clone:
Solution 1. Run the 3371 Error fix from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Before using the tool, first, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer using the following steps:
- Close QuickBooks desktop application.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to downloads and locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you have downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the tool hub.
- Further, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub desktop icon will appear.
- Find and double-click on the QuickBooks icon to open it.
- Inside the tool hub, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Click 3371 Error Fix and then OK.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
If the QuickBooks license error message 3371 appears again, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Clean install QuickBooks software
Follow these steps to clean install the application:
- Keep note of QuickBooks license number, product year and version.
- After that, uninstall QuickBooks:
– Click on the Windows Start menu.
– Search for “Control Panel” and then open it.
– Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
– From the list of programs, select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you want to uninstall.
– Select Uninstall/Change and then Remove.
– Click Next.
- Now, reinstall QuickBooks.
Although, performing the troubleshooting can be confusing and complicated. We hope the solutions mentioned in the blog help you fix the QuickBooks license error. If the problem continues, feel free to contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number (1.800.579.9430).