Small and medium-sized business owners highly trust the QuickBooks application for accounting and related business processes. It is well known for its advanced features but may also give errors at times. It also depends on the Operating system, Microsoft components, and the Web browser for efficient and smooth functioning. QuickBooks TLS error is concerned with the Internet Explorer browser. TLS stands for Transport Layer Security which is an encryption protocol to protect web-based communications. To ensure the security of user’s data, QuickBooks requires enabling TLS and other security features. This blog discusses the reasons behind the error and its troubleshooting methods.
You may also read about QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Why do you experience QuickBooks Online TLS error?
QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based version of QuickBooks. You feed all your company information to QuickBooks through your browser. QuickBooks supports the Internet Explorer as the preferred browser. As all the communication is being done through the web browser, it is important to ensure that the communication channel is secured. TLS is a protocol that ensures communication security on the Internet Explorer browser. It keeps updating as per the needs and requirements. When a new TLS version is launched, or you have set preference for an older version, you may get the QuickBooks Online TLS error. Earlier versions such as TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are no longer enough, and QuickBooks mandates TLS 1.2 now. You will need to update your settings to resolve the error.
How casn you fix the TLS error in QuickBooks?
To fix the TLS error in QuickBooks, you need to enable TLS 1.2 in your web browser. Follow the steps provided below as per your system to enable the protocol on your Internet Explorer web browser:
For Users of Windows 10 Operating System:
- Close the QuickBooks application and open your Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ menu and go to the ‘Advanced tab.
- Scroll down and reach the ‘Security’ section and ensure that TLS 1.2 is enabled.
- Mark it otherwise and then hit the ‘Apply’ button.
- Press ‘Ok’ and close the browser window.
- Open QuickBooks to see if the error is resolved.
For Windows 7/ 8 /8.1 users
- Open your Web browser Internet Explorer after closing the QuickBooks window.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Internet options’ and go to the ‘Advanced’ section.
- Scroll down the options and mark TLS 1.2.
- Press the ‘Apply’ button and then hit ‘Ok’ for the changes to take effect.
- Exit the browser and check if the error is resolved.
If the error persists after making these settings changes in your Internet Explorer browser, you should clear the browsing history. Following this, you should also make the browser the default.
Deleting the browser’s history and cache memory
Follow the steps provided below to delete the browsing history of internet explores:
- Open the Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Go to the ‘Tools’ menu and then select the ‘Internet Options.’
- Ensure that you are operating in the ‘General’ tab of the new window.
- Reach the ‘Browsing history’ section and then click on the ‘Delete’ button in it.
- Mark all the required boxes and make sure that the ‘Temporary Internet Data files’ box is marked.
- Click on the ‘Delete’ button and then go to the ‘Connections’ tab.
- Click on the ‘LAN settings’ button.
- Ensure that the ‘Automatically detect settigns’ checkbox is marked in the new window.
- If you do not use proxy servers, leave the ‘Proxy servers’ area blank.
- Press the ‘Ok’ button successively and then scroll down the options to reach the ‘Advanced’ section.
- Make sure that you have marked SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checkboxes.
- Unmark the ‘Check for publisher’s certification’ box.
- Save the changes and exit the window.
Need a Qb qualified expert
Through this blog, we discussed the reasons that can prompt the QuickBooks TLS error on your system. We also discussed the troubleshooting methods that can be applied for its resolution. Follow the steps mentioned above to resolve your error easily. If you continue to face the issue and you need an expert’s assistance, contact us at our helpline number.