While installing a new printer in Windows 10, the installation process gives it a default name based on the manufacturer, series, and model number. Despite the fact that this information should be sufficient to identify the printer, there are still several reasons to change the device’s name. If you are wondering how do I rename a Printer in Windows 10, then continue reading to know.
If you print to numerous (of the same) printers in different locations, for example, you may wish to change the name to make it easier to identify the device. You’re a network administrator, and your company’s device naming convention policy requires you to follow it. You recently installed a new printer with a different driver to make it operate on Windows 10, but the printer now displays the incorrect name, or you don’t like the default name and are looking for the answer of how do I rename a Printer in Windows 10.
Follow the steps to resolve your issue of How do I rename a Printer in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Devices.
- Select Printers & Scanners from the drop-down menu.
- Select the printer from the “Printers & scanners” section.
- Select Manage from the menu.
- Settings for printers and scanners.
- Select Printer Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle to the General tab.
- Option for printer properties in Windows 10.
- Provide the printer with a new name.
- Change the printer name in Windows 10.
- Then press the Apply button and OK.
The printer’s name will change to the name you provided once you’ve completed the steps. So, here you are, done with the solution of your query: how do I rename a Printer in Windows 10.
So, this was all about the solution of How do I rename a printer in Windows 10. Keep in touch with Instant Help Zilla to learn quick tutorials.