Being a part of the travel business for decades now, American Airlines was founded in 1926. Although it took ten years for the airline to commence its operations, but it made sure that it was fully prepared to match every need of its customers.
It made sure that it had all the services available at the fingertips of its customers. Along with that, the airline prepared a systematic and proper set of rules and policies that they will follow. One such policy is the America Airlines Cancellation policy.
This policy shapes the guidelines that AA follows on each flight cancellation. This post describes the same policy in simpler words so that our readers are completely aware of what they will encounter when they cancel an American Airlines flight ticket.
Let us understand the entire process around the flight cancellation of American Airlines.
American Airlines Cancellation Policy
Before withdrawing a pre-booked flight with the airline, it is important that you know all the terms and conditions mentioned under American Airlines Cancellation Policy.
Please take a look at them.
- American Airlines lets its travelers make a flight ticket withdrawal for free if it is done in the first 24 hours after booking the flight. However, this time slab is provided only for bookings that are purchased at least a week before the flight departure date.
- There are times when the airline has to cancel a flight at the last minute. This might happen because of any technical or mechanical glitch or due to any uncertain circumstances. In such a situation, teh airline provides a 100% refund of the flight fare. You can also ask them to offer you a free seat on the next flight traveling to your destination instead of the reimbursement.
- Every airline charges a cancellation fee on non-refundable tickets. With American Airlines, canceling a non-refundable flight ticket can cost you up to $750. This is why it is recommended to purchase refundable tickets in the first place.
- The airline will credit you any refund within 7-10 working days after deducting the cancellation charges (if any).
Connect to the airline on their customer care service number for any further questions about the American Airlines Cancellation Policy and talk to a live expert.
How to Cancel An AA Flight Ticket?
After you have enough information about the American Airlines Cancellation Policy, you can follow the steps mentioned below and cancel a pre-booked flight ticket.
- Open the website of the airline.
- Now, on the menu bar, you will find the manage trips options; click on that.
- Next, enter your booked flight details, including your confirmation code and the last name on the ticket. You can find the confirmation code in your emails.
- Click on the search flight, and your flight details will appear on your screen.
- Under the options, click on the cancel my bookings button. The airline will ask you to confirm the cancellation.
- As soon as you confirm the process, you will receive a cancellation confirmation mail.
- Any refund will appear in your account within a few working days.
You can also head to the office of airline and make the flight cancellation at the help desk of the airline.
See also: delta airlines’ cancelation number