If you are working with Google Workspace, it is important that you secure its data appropriately. Obviously, emails, documents, and other items are the portal to nearly every item a person does online.
However, there are other factors that make archive Google Workspace email account so vital. For example, security from online attacks that encrypt or delete the data and makes user unable to access it. If you do not have backup file in such instance, the organisation’s could be in trouble.
Stay Alert and never let them happen! In this tutorial, we will discuss some backup techniques to make sure data availability in any disastrous situation.
Methods to Archive Google Workspace Email to Local Environment
In the following section, we are going to share two workarounds that we use to archive Google Workspace email. So, let’s get started!
- Inbuilt Data Export Tool
- Use Smart Google Workspace Backup Software
#Approach 1: Use Data Export Tool – A Manual Way
Data Export, an inbuilt utility, comes with all Google Workspace subscription plans. It is used to download data items from G Suite services such as Gmail, Vault etc. This tool can be operated by only super admin whose account must be existed more than 30 days in G Suite. However, to use this utility, you have to fulfil some prerequisites.
- In Admin profile, enable 2SV (or Two-Step Verification) feature.
- Users should be 1000 or below it.
Note:- If the users are more than 1000, then contact Support Center of Google.
Admin can easily find the Data Export tool under the Tools section. And export the data by clicking on Start Export button.
Although, there are some downsides with Data Export Tool that makes it unsuitable for exporting a large amount of data. Plus, it consumes time more than 72 hours to export live data from organization’s Google Workspace data on the system. Adding to it, you cannot export the data from selected user account.
#Approach 2: Impeccable Google Workspace Backup Tool – Automated Way
If you do not want to do any type of compromise with most crucial email data, then it is highly recommended to opt for automated Google Workspace Backup Software to backup Google Workspace emails. A highly reliable workaround for archiving Google Workspace email in a secure manner. Apart from emails, you are free to export a copy of contacts, calendars, and documents on the local system. It offers the following features that meet your exact need.
- Add Interval: It is an option used to export only desired Google Workspace email on local system. To use this feature, enter a set of date in From and To Afterwards, only those emails will be saved that lie between the mentioned timeline on desired offline location.
- Include Folders: With this feature, one can simply add the folder(s) name in text box and tool will save copy of mails from it.
- Category: Here, you can opt for many items to archive like emails, contacts, calendar, and documents.
- Delta Backup
- Priority Backup
- Export data from multiple users account in batch.
- Complete real-time data report of the archive task.
- Facility to save resultant file at any location.
Above all, the software takes least amount of time to archive Google Workspace data. All you need to do is download the tool and complete the pre-requisites. After that, perform the following steps.
- First of all, you need to pick G Suite and Outlook as Source and Destination (Other destination formats will be added in the future).
- On the same window, scroll down to select the Category and Date-range intervals.
- Enter the information regarding the G Suite account.
- Then, provide a location to save the archive PST file on your local machine.
- Create a CSV file that has a list of all users address and upload it.
- Let the tool validate the accounts.
- Afterward, Hit Start to begin the actual archive Google Workspace email process.
Once the process gets completed, navigate to the location that was selected during archive procedure. Here, you will find the Google Workspace email archive file.
As we know, we cannot stop the potential online attacks. But, we can take preventive measure for it. And the first rule to protect data is to archive G Suite account on safe offline location. Therefore, we discussed two techniques that archive Google Workspace email account.