HP has introduced a number of OfficeJet all-in-one printers. But the most popular one is HP OfficeJet 7612 printer. It’s impeccable performance and high-quality printing ability makes its demand high in the market place. Even after these amazing qualities there is a common problem that most of the its users face i.e. HP OfficeJet 7612 ink system failure due to HP printer jam or failed printhead error.
If you are one of them who is facing HP OfficeJet 7612 printhead issue and looking for some solution, then you have reached to the place. You can fix the HP OfficeJet 7612 printhead appears to be missing error by the following ways:
- Reset the printer
- Reseat the printer’s printhead
- Clean the ink cartridge
- Update the HP printer firmware
Let’s discuss each of them in depth!
How to Fix ‘Printhead Missing or Failed’ Error?
The HP OfficeJet 7612 printhead appears to be missing or failed error usually appears on the printer’s control panel display stating ‘The printhead appears to be missing.’ As a result, users failed to print anything. Follow the underneath instructions one by one to resolve the issue.
Troubleshooting #1: Reset the HP OfficeJet 7612 Printer
- First of all, try to reset your HP printer. For that, try to switch off your printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of your printer. Unplug, the power cord from the wall too.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, and then attach the cable back into the printer and wall plug.
- Switch on the printer. Check the printer’s display control panel to check if still error persists. If yes, then move to the next troubleshooting measure.
Troubleshooting #2: Reseat the Printhead
- You might need to reseat your OfficeJet 7612 printer’s printhead. Unplug the power cord from the electric power plug.
- After that, open the cartridge access door. Next, lift the latch up present on the right of the carriage.
- Slightly pull out the carriage. Do not completely remove the carriage out of the printer.
- Turn on your HP printer and check if still does the error exist.
Try to Clean the Ink Cartridge
Try to clean up the ink cartridges. It might fix the printhead issue. Cleaning ink cartridge also fix HP OfficeJet 7612 paper jam error. Gently wipe the copper contacts of cartridges with a lint-free cloth and water. Clean up the cartridges’ copper contacts with a dry cloth before inserting back them in the printer.
Update the OfficeJet Printer Firmware/Driver
- Prior to update HP printer firmware, attach your printer to desktop or laptop via an ethernet cable.
- Make sure that you have a reliable internet connection.
- Connect your desktop or laptop to the internet.
- Search ‘HP drivers’ in a web browser.
- Click on the ‘Printers’ icon, and then enter the model number.
- Press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Explore the latest firmware software in the firmware category.
- Click on the download button.
- Once the firmware downloaded, execute the program and click on the install button.
- Once done, hit on the ‘Finish’ button.
These are some fixes that might troubleshoot the printhead is missing or failure error. However, the issue still persists, let us know. We try to respond you back with some other alternative solutions.