QuickBooks is reliable accounting software that helps businesses to manage and track their finances. Though it’s a great platform, sometimes you may encounter QuickBooks Error 6000. Therefore, we will be learning about this error, its causes, and solutions for assisting QuickBooks users.
If you are not confident enough to implement the troubleshooting on your own, then dial 1.800.579.0391 and get in touch with certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for troubleshooting assistance
What is QuickBooks Error 6000?
It is a common error that occurs when you try to open a company file. Several errors come under the 6000 series, such as 6000 83, 6000 80, 6000 77, 6000 301, and 6000 832.
Major reasons for QuickBooks Error 6000 are:
- Your system Firewall is blocking the connection
- The corruption of .TLG file can lead to errors.
- Sometimes QuickBooks installation file is corrupted.
- Network connection on the system has not been properly configured.
- Multiple users have been logged into the same company file.
- When you are seeking to restore the file backup.
Since we have learned about the major reasons. It’s time to understand the methods to get rid of QuickBooks error 6000.
Methods to remove QuickBooks Error 6000
Method 1: Restore a backup
In this method, you can restore your backup copy file to ensure that it works well as new.
Follow the steps mentioned below to perform this method.
- Open your company file.
- From the File menu, choose Utilities.
- If the Stop Hosting Multi-user access is there.
- Go for the Stop Hosting multi user access.
- You have to click on Yes, in the Stop Hosting Multi-user access window.
- Ensure the path to your company file should not exceed 210 characters.
- Locate the company file.
- Now, copy the path from the address bar.
- Paste it down in your notepad and count the letters including the space between the letters.
- Now, restore the company file again.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 9999
Method 2 Closed down all the QuickBooks processes
Follow the steps below to perform this solution
- You have to Log in on the server computer as an Administrator.
- Then click Ctrl + Shift + Esc altogether to bring up the task manager.
- Check all user’s processes by clicking on the Users tab.
- Now, right-click every QuickBooks process such as QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe and then click on End Task.
- It’s time to open the company file in multi-user mode.
Method 3 Manually check the folder permission
You may also witness this error if your saved file’s folder does not have the right permission. Therefore, go through your folder permissions to share company files. Now, try opening your file again.
Method 4 Configure firewall ports and Anti-Virus Software
You may also face this issue if your firewall and anti-virus program block access to particular QuickBooks programs or files. Thus, it is recommended to configure your firewall ports to install an exception into your anti-virus software.
Wrapping it up
In this blog, we have seen what can lead to QuickBooks Error 6000. Therefore, if you are facing this error then consider rectifying it through the above mentioned methods. You can also reach QuickBooks Desktop technical support team for troubleshooting help by dialing QuickBooks Helpline Number 1.800.579.0391.