QuickBooks Error 15270 is a common error encountered while updating QuickBooks. You are likely to view an error message on the screen stating, “[Error 15270] the payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.” You should be careful while updating QuickBooks. Updates are required for the smooth functioning of any application. QuickBooks is no exception as it needs updates to remove bugs and glitches. You can carefully read this blog to know the methods to update QuickBooks without any errors effectively.
Also, contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-(855)-856-0042 if you require additional professional tech assistance or support.
You may read: QuickBooks error 15106
Reasons For QuickBooks Update Error Code 15270
Be careful when it comes to diagnosing the cause of your error. Determining the reason for your error decides your approach for the error. You might have to endeavor one or more solutions to resolve the causes mentioned below effectively:
1. Internet Explorer is not your default browser.
2. You have an incorrect EIN or Employer Identification Number.
3. Your computer has been infected with a virus or malware.
4. The updates you are trying to install are not compatible with the Windows version in use.
5. Your internet connection had some trouble or got interrupted during the update process.
With the reasons done for this error, you can now move your eyes to the solutions that are discussed in the next section.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
You can try numerous methods to resolve this error efficiently. What’s better is to attempt the most reasonable solution that can fix your error. This approach will help you save time and will not direct any unnecessary problems. Go through the methods discussed below:
Method 1: Choose Internet Explorer As The Default Browser
Choosing Internet Explorer as the default browser can resolve a multitude of errors, including this one. Go through the measures given below:
1. First, access Internet Explorer on the system.
2. Now, you can hit on the Gear Icon. Click on the Internet Options.
3. In the Programs tab, click on Make Default.
4. Click on Apply and finally click on OK.
You can move to the next method if these measures don’t resolve your error.
Method 2: Check The Payroll Service Key
You can check or verify the service key to effectively resolve this error. Go through the measures given below:
1. Open QuickBooks. Now, move to the Employees tab, and move to the My Payroll Service. Choose Manage Service Key.
2. In the QB Service Key, click on Edit if you see your payroll service listed. Now, click on Add if there’s no payroll service shown in the Window.
3. Click on Edit and take note of the Service Key. Now, click on Remove.
4. You can click on Yes in the confirmation window.
5. Now, click on Add after removing the Service Key.
6. Enter your Service Key and Employer Identification Number. Now, click on Next and Finish.
7. In the Payroll Update Window, click on OK. Make sure that the payroll service key is displaying an Active Status.
QuickBooks Error 15270 is an easy to fix error with the measures mentioned in this blog. Make sure to implement them correctly. With that done, you can quickly resolve this error with little to no problems. You can undoubtedly call the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-(855)-856-0042 if you require professional assistance or support.