Intuit’s QuickBooks has brought a whole new revolution in the accounting industry and shown the world how technology can make even the worrisome tasks a piece of cake. With the help of QuickBooks, thousands of companies are effectively managing almost all their accounting activities. However, QuickBooks is not an ideal accounting application because of the error and technical glitches that users encounter while using it. Many users have reported QuickBooks scan manager not working issue while trying to add files to the sales receipts, invoices, bills, and other transactions in recent days. In this post, we are going to discuss with you why such an issue arises in the first place and how you can get rid of it as quickly as possible that too in layman’s language and step-wise manner.
Recommended to Read :- Script Error in QuickBooks
Want to resolve QuickBooks scan manager not working issue without going through the tiresome troubleshooting procedure? If yes, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800.583.0572.
What are the reasons causing the QuickBooks scan manager not working issue?
It has been noticed that the QuickBooks scan manager not working issue usually arises when any of the program files of QuickBooks Desktop get damaged or corrupted.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for the QuickBooks scan manager not working issue?
Solution) Use the Clean Install to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on the system
Step 1) Delete the QuickBooks Desktop application from the system
- On the keyboard, press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run command window.
- In the Run window, type “Control Panel” and then press the Enter key.
- In the control panel, look for the Programs and Features option and select it.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version you want to uninstall from the list of installed applications.
- Click on the Uninstall button and then choose the Next button to confirm.
Step 2) From the QuickBooks Tool Hub application, use the Clean Install tool
- At first, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest release (188.8.131.52) on the computer.
- Click on the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the instructions you see on the screen to install it.
- To finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub application installing, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- From the left panel, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Under the Fix My Installation Issues sections, select the Clean Install Tool button.
- Select the QuickBooks version and product version that you have uninstalled from the system, and then click on the Continue button.
- Once you see a message stating, “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location,” select the OK button.
Step 3) Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on the system
- From Intuit’s official website, download the installation files of the QuickBooks Desktop version you use.
- Click on the downloaded installation file and do as per the on-screen instructions to install QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last, register QuickBooks Desktop with the help of the license and product information.
If QuickBooks scan manager not working issue persists even after implementing the troubleshooting solution mentioned above in the post, then there might be any viruses or malware preventing the QuickBooks scan manager from functioning. Therefore, our recommendation for you is to scan the computer using any third-party security application and see whether this fixes the error or not. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the scan manager issue from our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 800.583.0572.