If you are a QuickBooks user, you must be aware of all the features that the software has to offer. Also, there are different versions of the QuickBooks application available that you can choose from depending upon the need of your business. One of the versions of QuickBooks is QuickBooks Pro. You can configure this application in multiple user modes so that different users can use it at the same time on different systems. But, you need to make sure that they have a valid license for the QuickBooks application.
Also, users can work on the same file if they have installed QuickBooks database server manager on their systems. With the multi-user mode, you can also scan and update the required files using authorized systems. In this post, we have explained to you how you can set up QuickBooks Pro on a server for multiple user use. Check out this complete guide and make sure to follow the steps properly.
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks Pro
Now, to set up QuickBooks on your system, you need to download and install the application on the system. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you will have to visit the official Intuit website and then download the QuickBooks application on your system.
- Make sure to download a compatible version of your tool.
- You will then have to click on the downloaded file and then begin the installation process.
- Follow the steps appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Now, you will have to set up QuickBooks in multi-user mode according to the steps mentioned in the next section of the article. Moreover, if you have an installation CD to install the application, you can also use it.
The Process to Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
As we have mentioned, you need to install the QuickBooks database server manager on your system to set up QuickBooks Pro on the system. Here are the steps to install the QuickBooks database server manager on the system.
- To start with, you will have to end all the background processes running on your system. For this, you will have to press the Alt and F4 key on the keyboard together.
- You will now have to insert the QuickBooks installation CD in your system and then begin installing the software.
- Next, you will have to agree to terms and conditions and then click on the Next option.
- When done, you will have to click on the custom and network options. To choose this option, you may not need a license. This simply allows you to share the files over the network.
- In the next prompt, choose the option for more than one user and then choose to install the database server only.
- Now, you will have to follow the installation steps appearing on the system. You also need to choose the option to allow other systems to use the file present on your system.
- After this, click on the Next option
- You will then have to choose the install option and then choose the finish.
- When done, the QuickBooks database server manager will open on the screen and you need to choose the scan folder option.
- You will now have to click on the add folder option and then choose the folder in which you have stored your company file.
- In case you do not have a particular file, choose all folders.
- When done, click on the scan option and then wait for the process to complete. On completion, simply close the window.
Configuring Quickbooks Database Server Access
Now that you have installed and set up the QuickBooks database manager on the system, you need to configure it to use it. To configure the server manager on the system, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open QuickBooks on your system and go to the File option
- In the file option, choose the utility option.
- Under this, you will have to choose the option for multi-user access. Make sure to enable it on the system on which you are going to provide administration.
- Next, click on the company option and then choose the setup usernames and passwords option.
- Setup the credentials according to your need.
- When done, you will have to choose the finish option
- Now, you will have to start QuickBooks on each system connected to the same network.
- When done, choose the file option and then choose to restore or open the file.
- Choose the option to open a file and proceed with clicking on the Next option.
- You will now have to choose the QuickBooks database server management option and then choose open.
- Type the assigned usernames and passwords to use the file.
Quickbooks multi-user mode is beneficial for a lot of users as it allows different users to access and make changes to the same file at the same time. During QuickBooks Installation, the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is also helpful to resolve errors that occur during the installation process. Also, it provides the required flexibility to use the file. With all the steps mentioned above, you will be able to set up QuickBooks pro for multiple users on the server. In case you face any issues, you may have to contact the support team.