Users are often faced with a problem where the QuickBooks software quits suddenly, and an error message shows, ‘QuickBooks stopped working’ error. This is an error message created by Windows that also shows ‘A problem … Read More
Users are often faced with a problem where the QuickBooks software quits suddenly, and an error message shows, ‘QuickBooks stopped working’ error. This is an error message created by Windows that also shows ‘A problem caused the software to stop working properly or Windows checks for a problem solution’ error messages in some cases.
This very same error code again displays when the user re-tries to open QuickBooks after the program quits itself, and occasionally QuickBooks does not send an error message and begins freezing on Windows. If you are also frustrated with this error then keep reading this article to get effective solutions to fix this error.
What are the Causes of the QuickBooks Stopped Working Error?
This is a common issue that most QuickBooks users face in their QuickBooks application. The causes of this error are mentioned below:
- Files of the Windows operating system are affected.
- On your storage device, there are corrupted or malicious parts.
- Installation files for QB Desktop are harmed.
- Windows do not have QuickBooks built properly.
- The QBWUSER.INI file used to contain the initialization of relevant data is either unavailable or damaged by Windows.
- There are more characters in the name of the QuickBooks company file than the acceptable permitted limit.
Main Symptoms of the QuickBooks Stopped Working Error
The main sign of QuickBooks stopped working error is that it will appear on your computer screen in a notification box. Other symptoms for this error can be:
- It begins to freeze and seems unresponsive minutes after opening the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The mouse pointer and keyboard on the QuickBooks window will start stagnating.
- When you launch the company file without an error message or warning, QuickBooks will leave it all at once.
- Even before running the dashboard, QuickBooks will stop and view one of the relevant errors.
- Other Windows applications are also starting to react slowly and encounter freezing problems.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix the QuickBooks Stopped Working Error
You can solve the QuickBooks stopped working error with the help of the below-mentioned solutions:
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Proceed to the official website of Intuit.
- Search the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ in the search field.
- After that, you have to click on the download link.
- This will start the downloading process.
- Then, you have to go to the downloaded file.
- Follow the guidelines that are displaying on-screen to install the application tool in your system.
- When the tool is installed, open the tool and click on the ‘Run’ option.
- This tool will help in resolving the issue.
- When the tool discovers the issue, it will resolve it and you will get a confirmation message of that.
- You can now try to open your company file.
Solution 2: Update Your QuickBooks desktop
- First, you have to delete the existing release of QuickBooks.
- Then, go to the official website of QuickBooks.
- Here, you have reinstall the QuickBooks application.
- After that, you have to click on the ‘I Agree’ button on the license agreement.
- Then, open your QuickBooks application.
- Fill out your login credentials.
- Try to open your company file now.
QuickBooks stopped working error is an error that is faced by many users of QuickBooks. However, QuickBooks users can resolve this error with the help of the above-listed solutions. In case, QuickBooks users can not solve this error, they can reach out to the QuickBooks Error Support technicians to seek technical solutions. Call on this toll-free number: +1- 860- 544- 6044.