JEE or Joint Entrance Examination is an annual engineering entrance assessment examination conducted for the admission of students into various engineering colleges in India. There are two different examinations held, one is JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main 2021 will be conducted four times in a year (February, March, April & May). The National Testing Agency will be released JEE Main 2021 admit card by the second week of February 2021
The eligibility criteria
- To appear for the exam the student must have passed class 12th or 10+2 from a recognized board.
- For the B. Tech exam students must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with the main subjects being Physics and Mathematics.
- For the B. Arch course students must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects.
- For the B. Plan course students must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics as their main subject.
- There is no age limit for students wishing to sit for the JEE Main exam.
- Students must have passed class 12th or 10+2 from a recognized board in the year 2019 or 2020 to give the 2021 JEE Main exam.
- Students appearing for their 10+2 exam in 2021 can also sit for the JEE Main 2021 exam.
The application form
The JEE Main 2021 Application Form is available on the JEE’s main website. The following steps will help you fill out the application form and help you through the JEE Main Registration process.
- Go to the official JEE Main website.
- Fill out the registration form with the basic details of the candidate.
- Fill out the application form with details of the candidate’s personal, educational, parent’s details as well as the city they would like to appear for the exam in.
- The candidate will have to upload scanned images of their documents as well as a scanned passport size photo and signature.
- Once all applications are filled out the candidate will have to pay the admission fees for the JEE Main 2021. This can be done via debit/credit, net banking, or UPI.
The JEE Main 2021 important dates
|16-12-2020||Availability of the application form|
|23-01-2021||Last date to submit the application form|
|24-01-2021||Last date to submit the application fee|
|19 to 21-01-2021||The correction process starts|
|23rd to 26th February 2021||The JEE Main 2021 Exam|
The JEE Main 2021 syllabus
For B. Tech
|Mathematics||· Complex numbers and quadratic equations
· Matrices and determinants
· Sets, relations and functions
· Mathematical induction
· Permutations and combinations
· Mathematical reasoning
· Limit, continuity and differentiability
· Integral calculus
· Three-dimensional geometry
· Differential equations
· Binomial theorem and its simple applications
· Sequence and Series
· Vector algebra
· Statistics and probability
· Co-ordinate geometry
· Physics and measurement
· Rotational motion
· Work, energy and power
· Properties of solids and liquids
· Laws of motion
· Oscillations and waves
· Electronic devices
· Kinetic theory of gases
· Current electricity
· Communication systems
· Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
· Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
· Electromagnetic waves
· Atoms and nuclei
· Dual nature of matter and radiation
· Experimental Skills
· Some basic concepts in chemistry
· States of matter
· Atomic structure
· Chemical bonding and molecular structure
· Chemical thermodynamics
· Redox reactions and electrochemistry
· Chemical kinetics
· Surface chemistry
· Purification and characterization of organic compounds
· Chemistry in everyday life
· Principles related to practical chemistry
· Organic compounds containing halogens
· Organic compounds containing oxygen
· Organic compounds containing nitrogen
· Some basic principles of organic chemistry
· Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
· Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
· P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
· d- and f – block elements
· Co-ordination compounds
· Environmental chemistry
· General principles and processes of isolation of metals