Often we hear people talking about being left-brain dominated or right-brain dominated, right?
But is it really true? What is the truth behind left brain vs right brain? Know everything with details in this article!
This is a common assignment topic/concept for students studying psychology subject. So, let’s dig deeper into this article to know more about this!
Theoretically, our brain functions in different activities from two different hemispheres- right and left. The left hemisphere is said to control the body activities on the right-hand side and vice versa. This is why when a person gets affected on the right side of the brain, his body is impacted on the left side.
A person can be said left-brained or right-brained based on the focus he pays to activities. This basically is the dominance of the brain hemispheres. But, this is not the case at all times. So, yes, the brain hemispheres can function individually as well as together but completely based on the activity.
If you are wondering what functions are specific to which part of the brain, then the below section can be helpful to you!
Left Brain vs. Right Brain
The two hemispheres of the brain are known for performing a set of particular actions. Here are a few functions that are specific to particular sides of the brain:
- Critical Thinking – Critical thinking is used to analyze and evaluate any issue from different perspectives.
- Linear Thinking – This is a mentality used for analyzing rational and logical thinking on any particular topic.
- Sequencing – This is a process to arrange anything in a particular order. It is a process that requires analyzing and listing things in order.
- Facts & Numbers – These are used for remembering important facts and numbers. This helps in improving memory.
- Language – This is used to learn new and different languages. This includes understanding and learning something new.
- Holistic Thinking – Holistic thinking is the inquiry of a complex whole. This includes considering the purpose, values, functions, process, and structure of that whole.
- Spatial Information – This is the illustration and digital connection between location, people, and activities.
- Visual Comprehension – This includes pictures, graphs, visualization, advanced organizers, and visual mediums.
- Expressive & Creative – This is an approach of effectively conveying thoughts and involves creative thinking.
- Imagination & Intuition – The ability to create new ideas, imagine things and form images or concepts.
These are the basic functions of the two hemispheres of the brain that you need to know. If you want to know more about these, then you can search online. Many online experts hold years of experience in this field and can help you complete your document on time.
So, whenever you get stuck with this, you can turn to online subject professionals without any hesitation. They will help you deal with this situation and score high grades. Best of Luck!