Cloud technology is the most prominent and widely preferred by a number of people. Cloud-based service providers are constantly bringing innovation in their functionalities and features. In these competitive and constantly changing times, people look for adapting such technology which can pace them up.
Cloud-based technology gives you an edge over the others due to multiple features like security, easy accessibility, every time availability of data, easy sharing, and much more. Cloud technology is a cost-effective investment for the organization that helps them in proper management of data, plan for the future, and keeps the data secure.
Why Organizations Move Emails From One Cloud Provider to Another?
The following are some of the reasons due to which the users look to migrate from one cloud to another:
- The ignorance and improper knowledge on part of the users land them into a wrong cloud platform
- The pricing and the maintenance cost of the currently using cloud platform is high
- The cloud-based platform needs to be changed due to the merger or acquisition of two organizations
- The server downtime of a specific cloud platform compels the user to switch to another cloud platform
What can you do now?
Since the reasons for migrating from one cloud to another have been discussed in the above-mentioned points. Now, here comes, to know the requisites as desired from the potential cloud platform. Make a list and give a description as you do what your organization requires and expects from the new cloud platform.
Often, the users get scared with the term ‘Migration’ as it feels that it is not as easy as think. However, it all depends upon your approach. If you adopt the right method then, that would ease your efforts and help in a smooth transition from the current cloud to another.
Methods to Move Your Email from One Cloud Provider to Another
There are possibly two methods in order to move your data from one cloud to another as below:
- Manually Migrate Emails Between Clouds
2. Automated Method to Migrate Emails Between Cloud Providers
Manual Method to Migrate Emails Between Clouds
The manual method would help you in the migration of data into the cloud platform. This means that every cloud platform allows easy migration into it but does not permits the user to leave them easily. The user data like emails can be easily migrated into the new cloud platform using manual migration techniques like Google’s Data Migration Service, Office 365 Exchange Migration, etc.
However, the respective or existing cloud platform constraints the user from leaving it. Due to which users refrain from the migration and rest on their current cloud platform only.
Automated Solution to Migrate Emails Between Cloud Platform
If manual techniques don’t help you, there are plenty of free cloud migration tool available in the market. However, the SysTools Cloud Migrator is the top leading tool that ensures safe and secure migration.
Let us take an example of cloud-to-cloud migration as G Suite to Office 365
The following are the steps for migrating from source to destination cloud platform:
1. Install and Launch the ‘SysTools Migrator’ tool. Then, open the tool as ‘Run as Administrator’.
2. Activate the tool using the activation steps, if not activated.
3. Here, select the source as ‘G Suite’ and the desired destination platform as ‘Office 365’ in the software platform.
4. In the same screen, under the workload section, select the categories as desired like emails, documents, contact, and calendar. These are categories to be migrated from G Suite to Office 365.
5. Use the date filter option to set the date range for which you want to migrate the data. The date range is set with ‘from date’ and ‘to date’. Allow the option for ‘Migrate document permissions’ and ‘Use Group Mapping’. Then, click on ‘Next’ button.
6. Move to source screen now. Here, provide the admin email id, service account and upload certificate file which is the p12 file into the software panel.
Click on ‘Validate’ to provide permissions to the user. Then, click on ‘Next’ button.
7. After validating, now the users have been granted all the permissions. Then, click on ‘Next’ button.
8. In the destination screen, provide the admin email id and the application id. Then, click on ‘Next’ button.
9. In the Users screen, you can fetch the users by different means as follows:
- Fetch users: This would fetch all the users which are available on the source account.
- Import Users: It allows to upload a list of CSV file containing the details of the users.
Download Template: This provides a template where you need to manually enter the details.
Now, a list of users will be displayed on the screen.
10. Import the mapped CSV file with source and destination mapping list using ‘Group mapping’ option by click on ‘…’ button.
11. You can set the priority and view the selected users.
12. Click on ‘Validate’ to authorize the source and destination resources.
13. Click on ‘Start Migration’ to begin with the migration process. You may stop the migration whenever you want.
14. The migration status can be viewed in multiple formats like Tile view and List View. These formats are available adjacent to the ‘Search bar’.
15. The successful migration status will be displayed in the software panel.
16. The download report can be saved into two ways: Migration Summary Report and Detailed Report.
17. Re-Run Migration can be done for Retry Failed Items, Re-Run Full Migration, and Delta Migration.
Here, Delta Migration specifies to migrate only the newly added files into the source account.
In this blog, a brief on Cloud technology, reasons to migrate from one cloud to another cloud and the possible methods to migrate from one cloud to another cloud have been explained with the help of an example. There is no specific manual method to migrate completely from one platform to another. However, the trusted automated method as ‘SysTools Migrator’ helps to achieve this in a hassle-free manner.