Can’t log in to your Netgear extender? Seeing “you are not connected to the extender’s WiFi network” error message continuously? If you nod in yes, then you have landed on the right page. Here you will get to know everything to fix Netgear extender login errors. Let’s start over!
Steps for Netgear Extender Login
Given below are the steps to access Netgear extender login page.
1. Power on your Netgear WiFi range extender. Provide the device a constant power supply.
2. Take a non-damaged Ethernet cable and connect the Netgear extender to your router.
3. Power up your PC, laptop or smartphone and load-up an internet browser in it.
4. Type mywifiext.net in the browser’s address bar field and press the Enter key.
5. Netgear extender login page appears.
6. Fill in the extender’s admin name and password into the given fields and click on Log In or OK.
Congrats! You are now logged in to your extender’s login page without any ado. Now, from the dashboard, you can change the extender’s password, update its firmware, set up a guest WiFi, modify the settings, etc.
What if I can’t access mywifiext.net?
If you can’t access mywifiext.net for log in to your Netgear extender, then fret not! Simply follow the troubleshooting steps given below and fix the issue in no time. Keep reading!
- Ensure that your Netgear extender is properly plugged into a non-damaged and working wall outlet.
Keep the device near to your router and away from kitchen appliances, aluminium studs, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- Cross-check the Ethernet connection you have made to connect your extender and the router. The Ethernet cable shouldn’t be damaged and the connection should be finger-tight.
- Also, check the web address you have entered. It shouldn’t consist of any sort of typos. Keep this in mind that the web address should only be entered into the browser’s address bar, not in the search bar.
- Make sure that your smartphone, PC or laptop is connected to your WiFi network only instead of the third-party or unknown one.
- Do not use public WiFi to access mywifiext.
- Clear cache, browsing history, junk files, and cookies from the web browser prior to accessing the URL.
- If the software on your internet browser is outdated, then also you might face log in issues. To prevent this, keep your browser’s software up-to-date. Apart from this, you can also opt for another web browser to log in to your Netgear extender.
Try using the default Netgear extender IP address to access the login page.
Still can’t access the extender’s login page?
If you are still unable to access the Netgear extender’s login page via mywifiext, then make sure that you have updated its firmware timely. If not, follow the instructions given below.
- Ensure that your Netgear extender is powered on and getting uninterrupted power supply.
- Open a web browser and visit the official site of your device.
- Enter the model number of your device to get the latest updates.
- Hit the Firmware Update option and if the latest version of your device is available, simply do that by clicking on the Update button.
The latest version on your Netgear extender will be updated. And once the Netgear extender firmware gets updated, try access its login page and see it works or not.
Reset your Netgear Extender
If none of the troubleshooting tips mentioned above worked for you, consider resetting your Netgear extender as the last resort. Here’s how to do that:
- Plug in your Netgear extender into a working wall outlet.
- Locate the Netgear extender’s reset hole and push it using a pin-like object.
- Hold the extender’s reset hole for a short while.
- Release it.
- Your Netgear extender will reboot.
Fab! Your Netgear extender has been reset to the default settings. You can now perform Netgear extender setup process and access the login page without any issue. In case of any assistance, contact our technical experts via comments section.