Using QuickBooks Desktop to manage the regular accounting activities is not free from errors and technical glitches. In recent days, many users have reported QuickBooks error 6143, which basically belongs to the 6XXX series errors of QuickBooks and usually arises when users attempt to open or backup their company files. Rectifying QuickBooks error code 6143 demands the right troubleshooting guidance that we aim to provide you with the help of this post, that too in layman’s terms.
In case you want to get over QuickBooks error 6143 instantly but are unwilling to go through complex troubleshooting solutions, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks support team at 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 1904
What are the reasons leading to QuickBooks error code 6143?
QuickBooks error code 6143 often occurs when the QuickBooks Desktop application of the user gets outdated. Nonetheless, there can be other reasons as well behind it, such as:
- Some corruption in the QuickBooks company file (.QBW).
What are the troubleshooting solutions to eliminate QuickBooks error 6143?
Solution 1) Manually get the most recent updates of QuickBooks Desktop
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- In the search space, enter “QuickBooks Desktop” and right-
- click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- On the No Company Open window, select the Help menu.
Pick the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down menu.
- Move to the Options tab and then click on the Mark All button.
- Click on the Save button.
- Navigate to the Update Now tab and then confirm that the
- Reset Update checkbox is marked.
- Click on the Get Updates option to download the QuickBooks updates.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and then open it again.
- On the QuickBooks update installer window, select the Yes option.
- After the installation of QuickBooks updates, reboot the computer.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and try to access the company file.
In case you get QuickBooks error 6143 again, move ahead to the second solution.
Solution 2) Run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- On your host computer, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most current release, which is 220.127.116.11.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the on-screen steps to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Company File Issues tab.
- Pick the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- Inside QuickBooks File Doctor, choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Check your file option and then select the Continue button.
- When prompted, type your QuickBooks admin password and then click on the Next button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and then try to open your company files.
In case you fail to rectify QuickBooks error 6143 even after following the troubleshooting solutions that we have discussed above in the post, then the QuickBooks company file might have been completely corrupted. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to make use of the AutoRecovery feature of QuickBooks to recover the company file. For additional troubleshooting guidance to fix QuickBooks error code 6143, contact our QuickBooks experts at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read | quickbooks printing problems with invoices