When visiting any healthcare facility, patients are worried, stressed, and usually in pain. It is hectic for them to stand in long queues and wait for their turn. So let them join the queue virtually by introducing a patient queuing system. As service providers, every healthcare facility should implement various measures to provide a comfortable environment for the patient. A patient should be satisfied with the services given by the health care facilities. All departments in the healthcare facility should have a queuing system to provide better services. While coping with the limited resources, the healthcare facilities can provide improved quality care by implementing a queuing system in hospitals.
What is a queuing system?
In a healthcare facility, there are many counters where patients are entertained. Queues are formed when patients request services. Standing in long queues and waiting for your turn is often frustrating that may result in discomfort of the patient and poor health outcomes. The hospital queue system allows uninterrupted flow from the check-in to the check-out point. A virtual queuing system allows the patient to easily join a queue and also to check the status of the queue online.
What are various types of queuing systems?
- First, come-First serve: This queue system works in an orderly way. In this type of queuing system, the patient who has arrived early will be entertained first and then so on.
- The last come-first serve: This queue system works like a stack.
- Serve in Random order: This queue system has no specific order and works in a random manner.
- Priority queue
Why is queuing system important?
- To increase staff satisfaction- By implementing an online queue management system the work for the staff also becomes less hectic. Besides managing the long queue system now the staff can implement their time in something else that is more productive.
- To reduce costs- Queuing system reduces the costs throughout the patient flow from check-in to check-out by increasing efficiency.
- To collect data- The staff can access the data of the patients in every queue and at every location. It will give you an insight into the service situation like the number of patients, waiting time of the patients, etc.
- To improve patient experience- Proper queuing system reduces the waiting time for the patient. The queue management system lets the customers personalize their services and builds a long-lasting relationship. It increases the quality of service.
There are a lot of benefits of implementing a queuing system in a healthcare system, the above stated are just a few of them. The person All departments in the healthcare facility should have a queuing system. Queue management system in hospital is a vital step towards improving the quality of care. With the queuing system, overcrowding is prevented and social distancing is maintained. The queuing apps also allow you to submit feedback based on patient’s experience so according to the feedback by the patients you can make necessary improvements. The patient’s satisfaction should be the main motive of any healthcare facility.