necessarily the same as upgrading. Updating is taking the software to a new edition. On the other hand, upgrading requires a mixture of user-system, network share, and server OS. The whole upgrade process requires a proper procedure that you are required to follow. You can encounter QuickBooks connection has been lost while upgrading QuickBooks. This blog will cover the essential points you can undertake to fix this issue quickly.
Make sure to contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-(855)-856-0042 if you need necessary emergency technical assistance to fix this issue.
You may also Read: QuickBooks Error 6123
Reasons For Connection Has Been Lost Issue Message
Many reasons can display this issue on your screen. Be careful while deciding the reason for this issue. Diagnosing the reason will decide your issue-resolving strategy. Hence, understanding the reasons is crucial for fixing this problem. Go through the points stated below:
- You are using a former version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Not logging in as an administrator can give rise to this problem.
- You don’t have the newest QuickBooks updates.
Now, read the next section that discusses the simple solutions you can undertake to fix this problem.
Solutions For QuickBooks Network Connection Failure
A multitude of solutions can fix this issue. However, to keep things simple, only execute those steps that can resolve your problem quickly. Go through the steps that are discussed below.
Solution 1: Check Your Portable Drive
You should check your portable drive to resolve this issue quickly. Go through the measures that are discussed below:
- First, properly insert the removable device.
- You can now disconnect and reconnect the device.
- Now, find your QuickBooks company file on your computer.
- Save the other files on your drive to make sure that it’s working.
- Finally, check if the drive has enough space. Make sure to have enough space, probably, double the size of the company file.
You can try the next set of measures if your problem doesn’t get fixed by these steps.
Solution 2: Check The Network
You can check your network to resolve this issue effectively. Go through the steps that are discussed below:
- Open or save a company file on the server to see if you have access.
- You can create and delete Microsoft Excel or WordPad file present on your system.
- Now, set up Windows access permission necessary for QuickBooks to create and delete a non-QuickBooks file in that folder. This should resolve your issue.
QuickBooks connection has been lost can get fixed quickly provided you understand the reason of your error quickly and correctly. Execute the easy measures that are stated in this blog. Make sure to read the causes, as well. If you still want more information, you can contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-(855)-856-0042.