Intuit always advises users to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll to the latest version to improve the efficiency and the functionality of the application. However, there are many errors users can face while trying to download payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates, and among them, the most common is QuickBooks error 15101 related to QuickBooks 15xxx series. Generally, update errors arises when the Internet Explorer function fails to register digital signatures of QuickBooks Desktop. However, there can be several other reasons behind the occurrence of error 15101 that we will discuss with you further in this post, alongside all the possible troubleshooting solutions.
Need instant troubleshooting support to get over QuickBooks error 15101 without breaking a sweat? If yes, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our technical support team at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 15101?
The followings are the reasons that usually prompt QuickBooks error code 15101:
- The Internet Explorer function fails to register digital signatures of QuickBooks.
- Any QuickBooks program file is either damaged or corrupted.
What should you do to resolve QuickBooks error 15101?
Solution 1) Manually install the digital signature certificate of QuickBooks Desktop
- On the keyboard, press Windows + E keys altogether to open File Explorer.
- Open the QuickBooks folder by navigating to the following path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- In the folder, look for the file named QBW32.exe and right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option.
- In the Digital Signature tab, select Intuit from the list of signatures.
- Select the Details button.
- On the Digital Signature Details window, select the View Certificate button.
- On the Certificate window, select the Install Certificate button.
- Select the Next button until the Finish button shows up.
- Select the Finish button.
- Reboot the computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to download updates.
Solution 2) From the QuickBooks Tool Hub application, run the Quick Fix my Program tool
- From Intuit’s official website, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version (126.96.36.199).
- Select the downloaded setup file called QuickBooksToolHub.exe and do as per the onscreen instructions.
- To complete the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s icon to open the application.
- Select the Program Problems tab at the left panel of the window.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program button and let the tool run.
- Once the tool is done repairing QuickBooks program files, open QuickBooks Desktop and try to download updates.
If you cannot resolve QuickBooks error 15101 even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then the security applications installed on the computer might be interfering QuickBooks Desktop from performing any action. Our recommendation for you is to use the Windows selective startup mode to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve the update error, feel free to reach our QuickBooks error support team at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.