QuickBooks Error 15102 is a payroll update error that is relatively standard for QB users. This error appears when you attempt to download or install the latest payroll updates. QuickBooks always notifies you to follow the recommended procedure to avoid multiple errors. However, avoiding those recommendations can result in errors like 15102. The blog uncovers the reasons and methods associated with error 15102. After reading this blog, you’ll feel confident in dealing with this error if it appears on your screen. Moreover, you can learn ways to avoid this error altogether.
To learn more about payroll errors, get in touch with the QuickBooks Professional Team at 855-948-3646.
Causes Of Error Message 15102 In QuickBooks
There are an array of reasons that can trigger this error. It’s essential to understand the causes as that gives you an idea of what the error is really about. Knowing the reason will help you quickly resolve this error. Some of the reasons are given below:
- Using an incorrect download location path or download location not being available to download the updates can trigger this error.
- Running QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Not logged in the Windows as an administrator can be a problem and can lead to this error.
Now that you are sound of the causes, it’s only reasonable you go through some solutions given in the next section.
Solutions For QuickBooks Error Code 15102
There are solutions possible as the causes are multiple. It’s best to understand the cause of your error and then look for an explanation down below. This way, you are saving your time and also acknowledging the correct answer. Some of the methods are discussed below:
Solution 1: Authorize Single-User Mode In QuickBooks
Using single-user mode can help resolve this error as using multi-user mode is one of the major causes of this error. Follow the measures given below:
- 1.If you are using multi-user mode, log out of all the users in the network.
- Open QuickBooks on a workstation that is experiencing issues during the update.
- Click on Switch To Single User in the File menu.
- Try to update QuickBooks Payroll one more time.
Solution 2: Login As Administrator On Windows
Logging as an administrator on Windows can help resolve many errors or technical issues. Follow the measures given below:
- Click on the Start button and choose the Switch User option.
- Select an account that has administrative rights.
- Log in using the admin account.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select Run As Administrator.
- Run payroll updates one more time. Now check if you are getting update error 15102.
This blog uncovers the causes and methods associated with QuickBooks Error 15102. It’s best to know the reason and then implement the measures given. Hence, do check out the causes before trying the solutions. You can also check the shared download location to resolve this error.
To get support for this error, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 855-948-3646.