There are multiple issues that can arise while a user is downloading the latest QuickBooks updates, and there are a number of reasons attached to it. This blog will focus on QuickBooks Error 15215, which is also a payroll update error. In a lot of situations, this error can arise if the internet is running slow and needs to be repaired fabric sofa sets. In fact, a 15xxx series error arises due to system configuration and displays the text, “The QuickBooks Desktop update did not complete successfully.” Go through the blog below to understand various methods that cure the same.
If you are looking for the most appropriate solution to rectify QuickBooks Error 15215, get in touch with our tech professional team at 1-855-856-0042 for instant aid.
Recommended to Read : QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer
Causes that Lead to QuickBooks Error Code 15215
- Outdated Digital Signatures in Internet Explorer.
- A damage in the QuickBooks files can also lead to error 15215.
- A block imposed by the system firewall or anti-virus program.
- Incorrect web browser settings.
Steps to Follow to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Message 15215
Resolving error 15215 in QB does not become a huge task if the methods are followed correctly. Read below –
Option 1 – Register the Dynamic Link Library (.DLL) Files to Fix Error 15215
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously to trigger the Run window.
- In the search bar, you need to paste – “regsvr32 /s %SystemRoot%\system32\softpub.dll” and hit the OK button.
- If performing this step does not trigger any error message, the .DLL file was registered without any issues.
- However, if you see an error popping up, there is an issue to be checked in your system.
- First, check if you are using the correct path to register the file.
- After this, register this path in the Run prompt box following the similar steps stated above – “regsvr32 /s %SystemRoot%\system32\WinTrust.dll.”
- If there is no error, everything is good to go. Or else, you must escalate this issue to your system administrator or get in touch with the Microsoft team.
Option 2 – Add QuickBooks Programs in the Firewall Exceptions
- Tap on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the blank search field, type Windows Firewall and select the Windows Firewall tab.
- In the next window, go to the Advanced Settings section.
- Locate Inbound Rules and click right on it. Choose the New Rule option.
- After this, press the Program button and hit Next.
- Click on This Program Path and then Browse.
- Choose one executable file and then tap on Next.
- Now, you need to select the “Allow the Connection” option and click Next again.
- Mark all the profiles you see and press Next.
- Name the rule as QBFirewallException(name.exe).
- Create an Outbound Rule in the similar manner.
- Open QuickBooks and go from single-user to multi-user mode.
We hope that the solutions mentioned above deleted QuickBooks Error 15215 for ever from your system. But if the error does not go even after performing all the troubleshooting, it is best to connect with a pro-advisor right away. Call 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error 1603