QuickBooks error 15311 is a common error encountered by users. This error usually shows up when Windows is unable to verify a digital signature for QuickBooks. But QuickBooks error 15311 can also show up while installing updates. This blog will discuss the causes and solutions for error 15311. QuickBooks error 15311 can be quickly and efficiently resolved.
In case of any doubt or technical query, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.800.579.0391.
Causes Of QuickBooks Desktop Error 15311
It’s crucial first to understand the cause of an error before we even look for a solution. Some of the causes of this error are listed below:
- Some important QB processes getting interrupted in the background of Windows can cause this error to act up.
- Windows Firewall can cause network problems that can cause error 15311 to act up.
- Some third-party applications on Windows consider QuickBooks as a threat and prevent it from accessing the internet. This causes issues with update errors as well as online QB services such as banking and payroll.
- Wrong internet settings can also cause this error. This prevents QuickBooks from downloading the required update file.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 9999
Solutions For Error 15311
As with the causes, there are multiple things we can try for the solution of this error. Listed below are the solutions you can try:
Installation of Digital Signature Certificate
Since this error involves issues with the digital signature, it only makes sense to resolve this error with an installation of digital signature. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Windows File Manager and move to the QuickBooks installation directory.
- Go to the QuickBooks file location.
- Right-Click the QBW32.exe file and choose properties.
- Move to the digital signature tab and click on details. Click on view certificate.
- Now click on install certificate from the General tab.
- Certificate Import Window appears. Now make sure that the Store Location in Current User appears.
- Hit Next and then Finish.
- Click Ok once the Successful notification appears.
Reregister QuickBooks With Rebbot.bat
To reregister QuickBooks, we run the reboot.bat batch file. Follow the steps given below to accomplish reregistering QuickBooks.
- Quit the QuickBooks application if it is running on Windows.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose Properties.
- Now click Open File Location, and the QuickBooks installation folder should open up.
- Windows Hidden Files And Folders should be on display. Make sure of that.
- Now locate and right-click on the reboot.bat file.
- Choose Run as Administrator.
- Now, wait until all QuickBooks files get reregistered.
- The black color command prompt window should automatically disappear. Now try to update QuickBooks one more time.
In this blog, we discussed causes and solutions for the QuickBooks Error 15311. Try these solutions step by step, and your error should get resolved in no time. Apart from these solutions, you can also try resetting QuickBooks updates. This error is easy to fix and will disappear once the right solution is applied.
In case of any query or technical steps you can’t understand, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.800.579.0391.