QuickBooks rebuild error 6000 77 usually occurs when the user attempts to open the company file. The QuickBooks error message code 6000 77 shows up on the screen displaying, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77). It is the most common 6000 series error that appears due to damage or corruption in the company file. To know more about Intuit QB error message code 6000 77, its causes, and solutions. Read the article carefully till the end.
If you need any technical assistance resolving QuickBooks error 6000 77, then contact the certified QuickBooks experts team by dialing our toll-free number (855)-526-5749
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks error message 6000 77?
Following are the factors that lead to QuickBooks rebuild error 6000 77:
- The .ND and .TLG configuration files that enable QuickBooks to access company file in multi-user mode ids damaged.
- The QuickBooks user is using an incorrect path to access the company file.
- Firewall and internet security settings are inappropriate.
- The user is not given the permissions to access the company file.
- The company file is saved on an external drive.
As of now, you are aware of the causes behind the QuickBooks error message code 6000 77. Let’s proceed to the solutions in order to fix the error.
Most Preferred Solutions to Overcome QuickBooks Rebuild error 6000 77
Given below are the most effective solutions to get rid of Intuit QB error message code 6000 77:
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
It will give you the admin rights to access the file:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
If you still get QuickBooks error message 6000 77, proceed to the steps given in the next solution.
Solution 2. Rename the configuration files
Renaming the configuration files recreates them without affecting the data:
- Navigate to the folder containing the company file.
- Look for the files having the .ND and .TLG extension.
- By right-clicking on the files, choose Rename.
- Now, add .old at the end of the file name.
If the Intuit QB error message code 6000-77 still arises, try the next solution.
Solution 3. Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
The tool will help to fix the company file and network issues. To run the tool, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer:
- Exit QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to downloads and open the file QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the tool hub by following the on-screen instructions.
- Also, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the install finishes, double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Within the tool hub, choose Company File Issues.
- Then, click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Once the QuickBooks File Doctor opens, choose the company file from the drop-down list. If you don’t can’t see the file, click Browse and search to find your file.
- Next, mark the Check your file option and then click Continue.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password.
- Click Next.
- Let the tool scan as the scan time depends on the size of the company file.
If you are still facing QuickBooks error message 6000-77, try the next solution.
Solution 4. Make use of the UNC path
- Long press the Ctrl key while opening QuickBooks to get the No Company Open window.
- Go to the File menu.
- Choose Open or Restore Company and then open a company file.
- Click Next.
- Click Network, and navigate to the location of your company file.
- If the company file folder is not visible, you might need to set folder permissions.
- Click on the company file and select Open.
If you still get intuit QB error message 6000 77, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 5. Try to recreate the damaged folder
- First, create a new folder on your C: drive.
- Move to the folder where the company file is saved.
- Search for the .qbw file.
- By right-clicking on the .qbw file, choose Copy.
- Open the new folder you created and Paste the file.
- Also, set Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again and try to open the file from the new location.
That’s all about QuickBooks error 6000 77. We hope the troubleshooting procedure mentioned above helps you fix the issue. If the problem persists, call us on our toll-free number (855)-526-5749 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.