Every time you try to open the company file or restore a backup copy of the company file in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks error 6144 82 pops up on the computer screen? If yes, you have landed on the absolute right page. You might be seeing an error description with the error pop-up stating, “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” A company file contains a lot of critical business data. Therefore, dealing with any error related to it can be complicated for many users due to the risk of data loss. However, there is no need for you to worry anymore. With this post, we will discuss why error 6144 82 arises in the first place and how you can fix it quickly.
Recommended to Read :- QuickBooks error 6000 83
Do you want to get rid of QuickBooks error 6144 82 without wasting any time on implementing tiresome troubleshooting solutions? If yes, don’t hesitate at all to speak to our technical support team at the toll-free number (800)-583-0572.
What are the reasons prompting QuickBooks error code 6144 82?
Down below, we have mentioned all the reasons that usually trigger QuickBooks error code 6144 82:
- There are some complications with the .QBW company file, such as data corruption.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 6144 82?
Solution 1) Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- On the computer, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the most recent version (22.214.171.124).
- Select the installation setup file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and then do as per the instructions you see on the screen.
- To finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-select the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s icon to open the application.
- Select the Company File Issues tab at the left panel of the window.
- Select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- To find the company file on the computer, select the Browse and search button.
- Select the Check you file option (middle one) and then choose the Continue button.
- When prompted, type in the admin password of QuickBooks and then choose the Next button.
Solution 2) In QuickBooks Desktop, manually restore a backup copy of the company file
Step 1) Find the location of the backup company file using a wildcard search:
- Open the Windows Start menu and enter *.qbb into the search bar.
- Write down the location of the backup company file.
Step 2) Restore the backup company file
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application, choose the File menu, and select the Open or Restore Company option.
- Choose the Restore a backup copy option and then hit the Next button.
- Select the Local Backup option and then hit the Next button.
- Now, choose the backup company file using the location you have noted down above.
- Select a folder where you want to save the restored company file and then select the Open option.
- At last, click on the Save button.
We hope you find this post valuable and worth reading. However, if QuickBooks error 6144 82 persists even after following both the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then there are high chances that the backup copy file of the company file is also damaged. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to recover the .QBW company file using the Auto Data Recovery feature of QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this rectifies the error or not. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the company file error from our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number (800)-583-0572.