QuickBooks Error code H505 appears when the user tries to receive the company files or data on another computer & that computer doesn’t have proper establishment setup or the pc requires additional installation or setup. The H series errors are associated with the issues of the hosting setting. This error code comes on the screen because one or more of the user’s computers are set to be the QuickBooks server. It should be noted that the user’s computers can function in multi-user mode, but only the server is compatible with the word in this way, i.e. system that hosts the company files, should be the sole machine configured to act as the host.
What Causes QuickBooks error code H505?
Check out the list of reasons for QuickBooks Error code H505:
- Firewall block the incoming and outgoing communication to the company file
- Hosting configuration settings are improper or incorrect
- QuickBooks files/folders can’t be scan with the Database server on the server
- Damaged, missed, or incorrect .nd file
- When QuickBooks cannot trace the IP address of the pc
- When the QuickBooksDBXX service isn’t running
- Incorrect DNS settings
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505
Below listed are some common symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505:
- QuickBooks H505 Error arises and crashes a lively program window.
- The Laptop often crashes when running a similar program
- QuickBooks Error code H505 is displayed on the screen
- The Windows function sluggishly and respond slowly to the mouse or the keyboard input
- The computer freezes periodically for several seconds at a given time
- These error messages can occur during program installation, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or maybe during the installation of the Windows OS.
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error Code H505
There may be over one method to resolve the QuickBooks error H505. Look at the methods with you’ll manually resolve the error-
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Simply, download & run the QuickBooks File Doctor on the server. This may remove all the H – series & multi-user errors automatically. If the QuickBooks Error Code H505 is persisting, then follow the subsequent solution.
Solution 2: Verify services & hosting
- Open QuickBooks on every workstation (this isn’t the server or the hosting computer)
- Next select File and press Utilities
- If you see Host Multi-user access on the list, then this computer isn’t hosting the company file
- If you see Host Multi-user access at the workstation, then you’ll move onto the following computer. Here don’t change anything.
- In case you see ‘Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access,’ then continue that option
- On each computer, repeat steps 1-3
Verify QuickBooks Services
- First, mention the RUN box, and press Windows Key+ R
- Type MSC and click on Enter. Next, you’ll search Services.msc within the Windows search bar
- In the services window, you would like to scroll down and search the QuickBooksDBXX service
- Next, double-click the option QuickBooksDBXX service and make sure that the startup kind is prepared to be Automatic then Repair Standing is running or started
- Click the Recovery tab
- If you see a failure, then you’ll mechanically restart the QuickBooksDBXX service. Do an equivalent thing for the second and any subsequent failures
- To save changes press OK
- Now for the QBCFMonitorService, you would like to repeat steps above provided steps 1-6
- Next, Open QuickBooks during a multi-user mode on each affected computer
Solution 3: Make a new Company folder
- First, generate a ‘Replacement folder’ on the hosting computer. Now share the initial folder and Windows access permissions to share the company files
- If you are doing not have access to the computer then, Contact a professional IT professional
- In the new folder, Copy .qbw enter multi-user mode again
- You can now open the company file.
Solution 4: Integrate the Server to the Windows Server file
If the above methods did not fix the problem for you, then you’ll integrate the server into the windows server file. Editing the Windows hosts file can work in rectifying the problem up to an exact extent.
Perhaps, the error persists even after applying all the solutions mentioned above. In this case, for more solutions, you may visit our website businessaccountings.com and find the simplest solution methods.