Multiple users have reported QuickBooks not responding all of a sudden. This problem can take place out of the blue and can leave you surprised and frustrated. You’ll be left with little to no options and with less recovery time. Your data can get lost due to this issue. Hence, prompt action is required to fix this issue. This blog is full of those solutions that can fix your problem in no time.
If, after reading the blog, you are still having trouble resolving this issue, you can contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons For QuickBooks Desktop Not Responding
A number of reasons can trigger this issue in QuickBooks, and you should be quick to find the exact reason for this problem. You might have to try a number of solutions to fix this problem effectively. Go through the reasons discussed below:
- Corrupt download or damaged installation of QuickBooks.
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
- Damaged operating system.
- Wrong settings of the firewall or internet security.
With the reasons known, you can now move to the following section that’ll cover the solutions you can endeavor.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 6123
Procedures That Can Fix QuickBooks Not Working
You can take a number of procedures to fix this issue as the causes are multiple. Make sure to execute the steps that are in line with the cause of your problem. With that understood, you can now go through the steps given below.
Procedure 1: Check Internet Connection
A restricted internet connection can trigger this issue. Make sure always to check your network connection to fix this issue. Go through the measures given below:
- Open Internet Explorer and open any safe website. If you are able to access it, then your network connection is good. You have no issues. However, if you can’t access the website, you have some issues for which you should follow the steps given below.
- Now, check that the date and time on your screen are correct.
- Click on Tools in the Internet Explorer from the top section.
- Choose Internet Options.
- In the Advanced tab, click on Reset/Restore Defaults.
- Click on Apply and click on OK.
- Run QuickBooks to check if the issue persists.
Move to the next step if these measures don’t fix your problem.
Procedure 2: Change Qbwuser.ini File Extension
You can change the file extension to fix this issue with ease. Go to the steps explained below:
- Move to the qbwuser.ini file.
- Right-click and choose the option to rename the file. Add .old to the filename.
- Restart the system and open QuickBooks to see if the issue got fixed.
QuickBooks Not Responding can take a lot to get fixed. You can get worried over this issue as this can do data damage. Be quick but smart with this situation to efficiently fix this problem. Make sure to execute the right steps and be thorough with the causes mentioned in this blog.
It’s best you contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 to fix this issue with ease.