There are a number of instances when a user can face QuickBooks unrecoverable error, and among them, the most common instance is when opening the company file stored on the server computer at a different … Read More
There are a number of instances when a user can face QuickBooks unrecoverable error, and among them, the most common instance is when opening the company file stored on the server computer at a different location. The error prompt appears on the user’s computer screen with an error description, stating, “We apologize for the inconvenience.” One interesting point about unrecoverable errors is due to their random nature, the error code a user get can vary every time. Inability to access the company data can make a user much perplexed. However, there is no need to worry anymore as with this post, we will discuss with you the reasons that prompt such an unrecoverable error, alongside their troubleshooting solutions.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks unrecoverable error without putting in any efforts on implementing tiresome troubleshooting procedures? If yes, feel free to reach our QuickBooks support team.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks Desktop unrecoverable error?
The followings are all the possible reasons that can throw QuickBooks Desktop unrecoverable error:
- The QuickBooks company file monitoring service is running on the workstation computer.
- Any necessary QuickBooks program files are either damaged or corrupted.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application user is using is outdated.
Now, it’s time to look at the best troubleshooting solutions for the reasons mentioned above.
What should you do to resolve QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
Solution 1) Prevent the QuickBooks company file monitoring service from restarting on the workstation computer
QuickBooks company file monitoring service monitors the company file and prepares it to open as per the latest updates. QBCFMonitorService should run only on the server computer which hosts the company file.
- Press the Windows key to select the Windows Start menu.
- Type “services.msc” into the search box and open Services.
- Look for the service named QBCFMonitorService in the list of services and double-click on it to open the Properties tab.
- For the Startup type, choose the Disabled option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Apply button and then the OK button.
Solution 2) From the QuickBooks Tool Hub application, use the Quick Fix my Program tool
QuickBooks Fix my Program tool is specially designed by the Intuit company to resolve issues related to QuickBooks program files.
- At first, press Alt + F4 keys simultaneously to close down the QuickBooks Desktop application if it’s running.
- On the workstation, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub application (22.214.171.124).
- Choose the downloaded installation file called QuickBooksToolHub.exe and then follow the instructions you see on the screen.
- Give consent to the terms and conditions to finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing.
- Double-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
Select the Program Problems tab at the left panel.
- Under the Fix My Program section, select the Quick Fix my Program option and let the tool run.
- Now, try to open the company file stored on another computer over the network in multi-user mode.
Solution 3) Use the administrator account to update the QuickBooks Desktop application
At times, updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release can resolve several errors, including QuickBooks unrecoverable error.
- Open the Start menu, type “QuickBooks” into the search box, and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop version year that you want to update.
- Select the Run as administrator option from the drop-down list of options.
- Type in the administrator password of QuickBooks as prompted.
- On the keyboard, press Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
- Open the folder that contains the company file.
Note: Usually, the company with the .qbw extension is located in the Company Files folder, which you can open by navigating to the following path: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company File.
- In the folder, select the company file and right-click it.
- On the keyboard, press & hold the Alt key and then select the Open option.
- Select the Mark All option on the Options tab.
- On the Update Now tab, select the Reset Update checkbox and then click on the Get Updates button.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and select the Yes option on the update installer pop-up.
If QuickBooks unrecoverable error persists even after following all the troubleshooting solutions explained in the post, then there is a great possibility that the multi-user hosting settings are incorrect. Our recommendation for you is to correct the multi-user hosting settings and see whether this fixes the error or not.