QuickBooks won’t open is a common search term entered by QuickBooks users on any search engine like Google. It’s frustrating when QuickBooks stops working or won’t open all of a sudden A lot of individuals rely on accounting to do their business. It’s understandable; however, sometimes, QuickBooks can’t respond. It can take some minutes or hours, or even days, for QuickBooks to respond or work properly. This issue has many causes. In this blog, you will discover the solutions and causes for the won’t open issue.
To know more regarding QuickBooks issues, get in touch with the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons why you Can’t Open QuickBooks
There are various reasons responsible for this issue. This blog will only cover the major ones. It’s important to recognize those causes as not knowing the causes can invite more issues and errors. Also, you won’t be able to find a solution quickly. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- The system’s hard drive is damaged and can’t open or contain huge software like QuickBooks.
- Operating System is not updated or in line with your QuickBooks version.
- Wrong installation process.
- Product registration file QBWUSER.INI is damaged.
- The file name is too long or has multiple characters.
Now that you understand the reasons, the solutions should come easy. Solutions aim to fix the above-mentioned causes.
Troubleshooting Methods For QB Desktop Just Wouldn’t Open
Now that you know the causes, solutions are possible. Follow all the steps for all the methods mentioned. Following these steps after knowing the cause of your issue can make it easier for you to understand and recognize the best answer. Some of the methods are suggested below:
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix My Program is a part of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. This scans QuickBooks for any program-related problems and fixes the issue. Implement the measures given below:
- Exit QuickBooks and open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- You can download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Intuit website.
- Click on Program Problems.
- Search for the Quick Fix My Program option and click on it.
- Now start QB again.
If these steps aren’t helpful, please follow the next method given below.
Solution 2: Stop QuickBooks From Opening The Company File
QuickBooks can get stuck in a loop while opening the company file manually. You can open the data file manually by following the steps mentioned below:
- Please press on the CTRL key and keep on holding it while double-clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- No Company Open window shall appear. Keep on repeating the above steps if the window doesn’t appear.
- Select the latest data file you want to work on and hit on Open.
This blog uncovers the causes and solutions for the QuickBooks won’t open issue. However, you can try some other solutions as well, which are run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, repair QuickBooks from Windows built-in repair, and perform a clean installation of QuickBooks with QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
To know more on how to fix this problem, you can always contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.800.579.0391.