Athletes live a balanced and routine life full of exercises, practices, and fitness training. A sudden injury can disrupt the harmony in their life, taking away the peace of their mind. That’s why athletes feel … Read More
Athletes live a balanced and routine life full of exercises, practices, and fitness training. A sudden injury can disrupt the harmony in their life, taking away the peace of their mind. That’s why athletes feel more eager to get moving again whenever they suffer an injury or temporary disability. Are you also going through the fatal consequences of sports injury? Find your type first, and then its cure.
Most Common Sports Injury & Their Treatment
This article brings you the most significant injuries experienced by the athletes like you and their prevention techniques.
- Runner’s Knee – Athletes associated with running, cycling, biking, jumping, skiing, and playing soccer mostly suffer this knee injury. This problem is more common in women than men.
- Trauma to the kneecap
- Misalignment of the kneecap
- Complete or partial dislocation of the kneecap
- Flat feet
- Weak or tight thigh muscles
Symptoms: An ache or dull pain around the patella or kneecap is the primary symptom of a Runner’s Knee. The pain mainly occurs where the kneecap meets the lower part of the femur or thighbone.
- Rest – Keep your knees away from repetitive stress
- Ice – Apply an ice pack for 30 minutes to reduce swelling and pain
- Compression – Wrap your knee with an elastic bandage to prevent swelling
- Elevation – While sitting or lying down, place a pillow under your knee to prevent further swelling
- Shoulder Injury – Shoulder pain, although it seems minor at the initial stage, might lead to temporary disability later. There can be several causes behind shoulder injury.
- Torn cartilage
- Torn rotator cuff
- Swollen bursa sacs or tendons
- Bone spurs
- A pinched nerve in the neck or shoulder
- Broken shoulder or arm bone
- Frozen shoulder
- Dislocated shoulder
- Injury due to repetitive use or overuse
- Joints in your shoulders will look deformed
- You won’t be able to use your shoulder at all
- You will feel an intense pain
- The shoulder will start swelling suddenly
- Your arm and hands will feel weak or numb
Treatment: The best form of treatment for shoulder injury is an extensive range of motion exercises. Sometimes, numbing medications or corticosteroids must be injected into your joint capsules to reduce the stiffness and pain.
- Achilles Tendinitis – It is a form of sports injury that occurs in the back of your ankle due to overuse. While suffering from Achilles Tendinitis, you may not be able to move your ankle, which might hamper your movement and locomotion.
Causes: There are a few risk factors that leverage the chances of Achilles Tendinitis. The factors include –
- Occurs mostly in men
- Chances of injury increase with age
- If you have a natural arch in your feet, it causes more strain on your heels
- Wearing worn-out shoes while running can be a significant cause
- Running constantly on hilly terrain can also cause Achilles Tendinitis
- Exercising without a proper warm-up
- Strain in calf muscle due to repetitive physical activity
- A sudden increase in physical activity without letting your body adjust
Symptoms: Your tendons weaken and become more vulnerable to rupture or tear. A surgical repair is essential to recover from this painful injury. Other symptoms include –
- Discomfort or swelling in the back of your heel
- Tight calf muscles
- Limited range of motion when flexing your foot
- The skin on your heel overly warm to the touch
- Reducing your physical activity
- Stretching and strengthening of calf muscles
- Switching to less strenuous exercises
- Icing the source when in pain or immediately after exercising
- Elevating your feet to decrease any swelling
- Wearing a walking boot to prevent heel movement
- Going to physical therapy
- Wearing a shoe with an in-built heel to reduce tension off your heels
- Concussion – A blow to the head is the primary cause behind this injury. For any athlete, suffering from a concussion is a period of unemployment. It is a risky one and needs immediate doctor’s consultation. If you have a scarcity of funds, looking for cash loans to your door for unemployed will be the best possible option. With the cash in hand, quickly consult a doctor and get treated soon as you can.
Causes: Concussion mainly occurs when you fall suddenly while playing or exercising. It is also common when you play a contact sport, such as soccer or football.
Symptoms: Concussion symptoms are not only physical. There are other signs and symptoms of concussion as well that you must be aware of.
Physical symptoms are –
- Ringing in the ears
- Fatigue or drowsiness
- Blurry vision
Other symptoms are –
- Amnesia surrounding the traumatic event
- Slurred speech
- Delayed response to questions
- Dazed appearance
- Concentration and memory complaints
- Irritability and other personality changes
- Sensitivity to light and noise
- Sleep disturbances
Treatment: You should see a doctor whenever you experience the symptoms mentioned above. After diagnosing your condition, the doctor will recommend the best possible treatment procedure for you. Most people recover completely from concussion. It is also a costly affair for seeking medical loans from any personal and direct lenders.
Sports injury is a common thing that athletes experience while running, jumping, cycling, skiing, biking, playing soccer or football, or even while exercising. You never know when a sudden cramp in the muscle can result in severe muscle injury, or a slight hit in the joint can lead to a shoulder injury. That’s why it is essential for anyone to opt-in for treatment by a professional.
Meanwhile, you may try RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) to heal or at least reduce your pain. It is also considered a common way to prevent further swelling.
However, if your symptoms are severe, you may have to undergo surgery. For that, you should consider a cash loan from direct lenders or medical support, whichever is available to you. Your purpose should be to recover and become fit again!