While using QuickBooks, you may need to change or remove the password from the company file. To save you from any cyber security threat, QuickBooks allows you to do this only through the QuickBooks Automated Password Recovery Tool. Also, you need to follow certain guidelines to execute this process without any problems effectively. This blog will cover the necessary steps you should take to reset QuickBooks password.
If you’re still encountering any problems, it’s best you reach out to the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Some Points To Remember Before You Learn How To Reset Password In QuickBooks
There are some key points you should keep in mind before you reset the password in QuickBooks. Learn those points as they are stated below:
- You need to verify the ownership of the QuickBooks company file by filling the online form. Make sure you correctly type the name, phone number, QuickBooks license number, email address, and zip code of the registered business.
- Always make sure that Num Lock is turned on and Caps Lock is turned off.
- Verify that you are using the login credentials for the QuickBooks admin account.
- Try to update your QuickBooks version before you execute this procedure.
With these points known to you, you can now move to the next section that’ll cover the actual steps you should take to change your password.
Read Also – QuickBooks Tool Hub
Change Password With QuickBooks Advanced Password Recovery Tool
You can quickly change your password with this tool. Follow the measures given below:
- For the Canadian version of QuickBooks, visit QuickBooks Desktop Automated Password Reset Tool.
- For the US version, you can visit Automated Password Reset Tool.
- Now, fill in the necessary information in the form and click on Submit.
- When the information is done, you should get the Service Agreement form.
- Read the form carefully and click on Download.
- When the download is done, you can move to the downloads. Now, effectively double-click on the QuickBooks auto data recovery application.
- Click on the Browse option. Choose the company file that is locked.
- Click on Next. Login to your email account that is linked to QuickBooks.
- By this time, you’ll find an email from Intuit. It’ll also include a security code with it.
- Now, copy the code and paste it to the password reset window.
- At this point, select a new password for the company file. Click on Next.
- You should now wait for a few minutes. At this time, the tool resets the QuickBooks password.
- Open the company file. Now, enter the password that you have chosen in the former step.
- Type a new password for the company file and finally choose security questions.
- Click on OK. You can now open the company file using the new password.
To Reset QuickBooks Password, you should follow specific guidelines. You can use the QuickBooks Advanced Password Recovery Tool to achieve this task easily. Make sure to take care of certain things before you implement the password change process.
For more professional help or support, you can always ring the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.